2016 Suburban LT Fog Lamps install with OEM switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffk19426

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question. When I opened my fuse box under the hood, I actually have a fuse in
Hey guys,

I am having a bigger problem, my 2016 Suburban is not even wired at the switch, pin six blue-gray wire is missing, out of twelve pins at the connector there are only 9 wires coming in. I do have a blue-grey wire going in the switch at pin 10. Can somebody chime in and tell me how to go about this? Or should I just use the switch that came with the harness and run wires through the fire wall?

Thanks,

Did you every get an answer to your question about no wire in pin six? I have a 2015 Tahoe LT and am missing the same wire as well. Does this mean the new switch with the fog light button will not work? And that I will need to use a separate switch and run a wire through the firewall?

Here is a pic of the wires on the back of the switch.

IMG_0964.JPG

Thanks,

jeffk19426

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm looking for some help. I have a 2015 Tahoe and would like to add fog lights as described in earlier post. I've run into a few challenges and need some help finalizing the wiring. I purchased a new headlight switch with fogs (GM 23187804), spyder fog light kit and 611T. My goal was to use the OEM switch verses the switch from the fog light kit.

When I checked my headlight switch connector the Blue/Gray wire is in pin 10. I assuming based on other post this is not an issue as pin 6 was for rear fogs. And finally I have no Brown or Brown/white wire in pin 10 of the BCM X5. So that means I need to run a wire through the fire wall. Problem solved. I have a wire now through my fire wall. I'll do a write up on that later.

So can I follow the original installation except to connect the BROWN wire from the 611T to the new wire I ran through the fire wall to the relay that came with the fog light harness. Or am I missing something.

Thanks

SmittysTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great Thread!!! I installed my new fogs but need to tackle to wiring next... I am not an electrician by a long shot so this should be interesting. :help:

OP
OP
nilleo

nilleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm looking for some help. I have a 2015 Tahoe and would like to add fog lights as described in earlier post. I've run into a few challenges and need some help finalizing the wiring. I purchased a new headlight switch with fogs (GM 23187804), spyder fog light kit and 611T. My goal was to use the OEM switch verses the switch from the fog light kit.

When I checked my headlight switch connector the Blue/Gray wire is in pin 10. I assuming based on other post this is not an issue as pin 6 was for rear fogs. And finally I have no Brown or Brown/white wire in pin 10 of the BCM X5. So that means I need to run a wire through the fire wall. Problem solved. I have a wire now through my fire wall. I'll do a write up on that later.

So can I follow the original installation except to connect the BROWN wire from the 611T to the new wire I ran through the fire wall to the relay that came with the fog light harness. Or am I missing something.

Thanks

You should not have to run a wire through the firewall regardless; you can if you want, but it's not necessary.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see mention of rear fog lamps -- which are bright red. Are our tail lamp clusters set up for this or is that only for export vehicles?

OP
OP
nilleo

nilleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see mention of rear fog lamps -- which are bright red. Are our tail lamp clusters set up for this or is that only for export vehicles?

I've never actually seen them on a Suburban/Tahoe. I imagine it's for exports. The only cars I've ever seen with "rear fog lamps" have been European. All I know is that they're mentioned in the service manual.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never actually seen them on a Suburban/Tahoe. I imagine it's for exports. The only cars I've ever seen with "rear fog lamps" have been European. All I know is that they're mentioned in the service manual.
We had rear fog lamps in Belgium where there were mandatory. Also, my US spec Volvos all had them. Rear fog lamps are very effective in the fog and I know that we get some dense fog in the US.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I want everything OEM. Is that possible? What is the cost (parts and labor to add it to my 17 LS?

Tahoen

Reaction score
Thanks for the great write-up Joel!!

What are your thought on adding power fold/turn signal mirrors?

20170804_191942V2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14