2016 Suburban LT Fog Lamps install with OEM switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaBro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tabro,

Did anyone ever answer regarding how the 4 (four) DEI 611t switches should be set??

No not yet..

But figured out that I had the wrong fog lamp activation wire under the hood- I didnt realize I was suppose to locate a brown wire going Thru the firewall and into the fuse box. That being said after correcting the mistake - they still don't work :(

awz26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No not yet..

But figured out that I had the wrong fog lamp activation wire under the hood- I didnt realize I was suppose to locate a brown wire going Thru the firewall and into the fuse box. That being said after correcting the mistake - they still don't work :(
No not yet..

TaBro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tabro,

Out of curiosity what settings did you end up using initially for the four ON/OFF switches on the DEI 611T?

I believe 1 up 2/3/4 down. But I tried all different combinations and nothing seemed to make a difference.

OP
OP
nilleo

nilleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't see any replies until this morning.

Dip switches should be set as follows:
1 - Doesn't matter
2 - OFF, Normally Open (default)
3 - OFF, Latched (default)
4 - ON, (-) input (default)

so basically, leave them alone.

The dial also doesn't apply here since it's only used when dip 3 is ON, same reason dip 1 doesn't apply.

OxF16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I started this project today, and I have noticed that although I DO have a Blue w/Grey wire behind the headlight switch, it is not PIN 6, i.e. just left of the green wire as shown in the original pics. Mine is a '16 LT

OP
OP
nilleo

nilleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
0xF16, I would say meter it and see if it tests the same. From the schematics, I see that there are two Blue/Gray wires for the fog lamp circuit, one in pin 6, the other in pin 10. FWIW, pin 6 goes to pin 12 of the BCM and pin 10 goes to pin 15 of the BCM (both wires/pins in connector X1 of the BCM). My guess is that one Blue/Gray is for "front" fogs, and the other is for "rear" fogs--but both likely test the same--when you press the fog switch in.

Semantics-wise, pin 6 appears to be the rear fog lamp request, pin 10 appears to be the front lamp request--but both appear to be closed by the same button press ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B