2016 Suburban LT Fog Lamps install with OEM switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luigi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im still confused on how you wired up the fog lights under the hoods. I have the 611t wired up under the dash at the BCM, fog lights installed, switch installed... where do i go with the positive wire for the fog light assy ?

OP
OP
nilleo

nilleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You still need to wire up a relay for your lamps under the hood, well you should. In the last picture (that's an actual photo), there's a red/white wire that you can use as the positive voltage source for your lamps.

Ground your lamps to the frame somewhere near them, then run the positive wire for the lamps to a relay... wire the relay as follows:

85 - to the "turn on" signal at the fuse box
86 & 87 - to the red/white wire shown in the picture
30 - to your lamps' positive wire.

Luigi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You still need to wire up a relay for your lamps under the hood, well you should. In the last picture (that's an actual photo), there's a red/white wire that you can use as the positive voltage source for your lamps.

Ground your lamps to the frame somewhere near them, then run the positive wire for the lamps to a relay... wire the relay as follows:

85 - to the "turn on" signal at the fuse box
86 & 87 - to the red/white wire shown in the picture
30 - to your lamps' positive wire.
awesome Thanks !!

TaBro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I Have everything wired up correctly but I still don't have power to the fog lights. But I am also using an HID kit - could that be my problem ?

Luigi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so foglights from protuninglab.com are garbage. Not receiving the fog lights i ordered there was also missing wires, relay, fuses and the lamp assy was not sealed allowing rain to puddle up in them. Highly not recommended. After piecing it all together, sealing the assy with silicone and using this write up; the fog lights are working amazing !! Thanks again for your help Nilleo !!

TaBro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok - first attempt at this - did I do something wrong here; connecting the '611t' to 'brown BCM'

Under hood is power activation and ground.

Question - there is a dial and 4 switches on 611t - in what setting should those be?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_5627.JPG

Christian80

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having a bigger problem, my 2016 Suburban is not even wired at the switch, pin six blue-gray wire is missing, out of twelve pins at the connector there are only 9 wires coming in. I do have a blue-grey wire going in the switch at pin 10. Can somebody chime in and tell me how to go about this? Or should I just use the switch that came with the harness and run wires through the fire wall?

Thanks,

Last edited:

TaBro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My fog lights are blinking with my horn and turn signal lights when I press the lock button on the remote keypad - I sense I'm close

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish