2016 Suburban LT Fog Lamps install with OEM switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoen

Reaction score
Anyone know why my light wouldn't work around my switch?

20180201_181244.jpg

dtomcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright. I'm going to attempt FOG LIGHT install soon. All parts are on order. I will update as I install. I'm going a different and a lot easier route. I will use OEM switch; however, that is only OEM part i'm using. Essentially it will be Fuse box(add-a-circuit) (retained accessory power fuse)>Ground Switch Module<>OEM Switch>Relay harness that came with fog lights>fog lights. This allows a memory function also... so if lights were on when car turned off... then they will turn back on when car starts. Fingers crossed this works first try!

dtomcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Install went great! Everything worked first try :) Lessons Learned: Check fuses before install... ordered regular add a circuit and needed a micro2 add a circuit (on order). I opted to solder everything and heat shrink. I ran the output to the Fog relay via a rubber grommet under the Driver carpet. Only thing i do not like is the fog lights come on with a press of the headlamp switch... then to get them off I have to double press the switch (I've messaged the seller of the module to see if this is normal). Overall... I light it. the furthest inboard screw for the lamps are a beast to get. I recommend removing the cover plate>remove eyelid piece>install chrome eyelid piece>install fog lamp... easiest way for me. Here are some pics of the process:

View media item 26880View media item 26881View media item 26882View media item 26884View media item 26885View media item 26886View media item 26887View media item 26888View media item 26889View media item 26890

Jag965

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Install went great! Everything worked first try :) Lessons Learned: Check fuses before install... ordered regular add a circuit and needed a micro2 add a circuit (on order). I opted to solder everything and heat shrink. I ran the output to the Fog relay via a rubber grommet under the Driver carpet. Only thing i do not like is the fog lights come on with a press of the headlamp switch... then to get them off I have to double press the switch (I've messaged the seller of the module to see if this is normal). Overall... I light it. the furthest inboard screw for the lamps are a beast to get. I recommend removing the cover plate>remove eyelid piece>install chrome eyelid piece>install fog lamp... easiest way for me. Here are some pics of the process:

View media item 26880View media item 26881View media item 26882View media item 26884View media item 26885View media item 26886View media item 26887View media item 26888View media item 26889View media item 26890

For some reason the pictures don't work

Kyle Goodman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Would you possibly be able to put a buy list for the parts you purchased. I already ordered the fog lights, chrome bezel and OEM fog light switch (Part# 22752195) but don't know if I still need the DEI611t since it didn't get great reviews but if it's needed I will use it. And if you could be a little more specific in terms of whats wired to what to make it work like OEM. It would be sincerely appreciated!!!

OP
OP
nilleo

nilleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would you possibly be able to put a buy list for the parts you purchased. I already ordered the fog lights, chrome bezel and OEM fog light switch (Part# 22752195) but don't know if I still need the DEI611t since it didn't get great reviews but if it's needed I will use it. And if you could be a little more specific in terms of whats wired to what to make it work like OEM. It would be sincerely appreciated!!!

The factory switch is only a momentary switch, so unless you have another way to make the switch latch on/off, you're going to need the 611T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts