2016 rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update....I got a call from my service rep who advised that they did an ohm test on the fuel injectors which turned out negative and they are working as they should. He said there might be a wire from the main harness grounding off and causing the injectors to malfunction. As of now we're standing by for the gm engineers to give direction on where to go from here. I also asked that if even without a check engine light on, they are still getting the misfires and he said yes. Something to think about if you guys take yours to the dealership and they say they cant do anything because they dont have a cel warning light go off. It will still tell them that it has a misfire without that light going off. I'll keep you posted

Hi Fred_e81,

We regret to hear that your ownership experience has been anything less than exceptional, and apologize for any continued frustration. Please know that this is not the kind of experience we want you to have in your vehicle and assure you that customer satisfaction is among our top priorities. If you would like for us to look into this further, and reach out to your dealership, let us know in a private message! Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Bret B.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
Fred_e81

Fred_e81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got a call from my service rep and he advised that Chevy TAC advised them to check the high pressure fuel pump connection underneath the dash. So, they will be taking apart my dash :(.....I hope that's the fix. I'll keep you guys posted!

OP
OP
Fred_e81

Fred_e81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, they checked the fuel pump connection and that turned out to be fine. They've requested a field engineer that travels between local dealerships to have a look at it. I'm getting very discouraged considering the amount of money I paid to have a brand new with no issues running SUV and instead I'm driving a Traverse loaner. Starting to make calls for a lemon law attorney to help out especially given the fact that the dealership acknowledged that there is an issue with the SUV misfiring.....I'll keep you posted.

Yeep740

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
took my 2016 yukon denali to the dealer for the second time. this time they did the seat and sterring wheel measurements and said they were within tolerances of a normal vehicle. Seat was 2mg, and sterring wheel @ 8mg. I have since emailed GMC about my situation. Waiting for response.

I don't think I have the same issue as Bulletin PIP5211E because under that bulletin it says the vibration will not be present while vehicle is in park, but mine is definitely present in park, drive, reverse.

Makes me think I should have went with the GL550....

joshs2000ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Noticed our Yukon ('16 SLT) doing this today. Ironically while I was waiting to pick up the fam at the airport. It was really the first time I had sat in it idling since we bought it. It seems to be running a little sluggish compared to when we bought it just a month ago. I thought maybe it's because I don't drive it all of the time and I'm used to driving my Titan. I'm going to keep an eye out on this though. So far, no engine lights have come on.

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in at the dealer today for this and the low speed vibration. They "shimmed" the motor mounts and replaced 2 tires. We shall see.... not optimistic this does it. I've also opened a case with GMC. Weird thing is I'm asking for a print out of what they did today and they are saying they want to mail it to me. That's strange. Really not cool with that so I documented every conversation I had with the service advisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salanizi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone hear of a new TSB for this problem? I had my truck mounts shimmed twice to no avail.

Last TSB I know of was in June 2016...

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my 2015 at the dealer's yesterday for try #4 at solving the rough idle problem.
So far--
Shim the original motor mounts.
Replace the original motor mounts.
Replace the "new" motor mounts with "newly designed" motor mounts.
The outcome of yesterday's visit?
Well--after a pico scope test--
"It is out of limits at times, but it does not yet fall into the area where we call for a tech assist."
Basically--
I'm stuck with an unacceptable vibration.
I have noticed that the vibration occurs as the idle jumps around below and above 500 RPM when stopped at a light.
If you add a bit of power with the brake engaged, that vibration goes away.
So--
I asked that the idle setting be raised.
The answer--
"We are unable to do that. It would interfere with the emission requirements. Get an aftermarket tune."
So--
After owning nothing but GM products since 1968 I am dumping my Tahoe this fall for a non-GM vehicle.
It has been at the dealer's for over 60 days in two years for one problem or another--.
How about a buy back GM??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts