2016 Intake Test Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

In the comments section of your test it was noted that the Volant "would require a fair amount of tuning" and that there was KR. Are you indicating that adding this system would require a tune or adjustment to the timing to run properly? I'm really curious if adding in a Volant (without any other mods or tune) would cause the system to run lean.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Jack,

Timing does need to be adjusted as part of a tune in general, however timing does not need to be altered specifically because of this intake. There are other factors that are negatively impacted by the Volant that result in the pinging occurring (audible, not just KR).

Do NOT run a Volant without tuning. It WILL ping and will not run efficiently.

OP
OP
Z71Jack

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shannon. I think I'm going to order an AFE Momentum from you. Would I be able to drop one of those in a 2018 without any tuning? If not then I might just go with a high-flow filter. Whichever you would recommend.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shannon. I think I'm going to order an AFE Momentum from you. Would I be able to drop one of those in a 2018 without any tuning? If not then I might just go with a high-flow filter. Whichever you would recommend.
Hello Jack,

We are waiting on confirmation that the AFE will fit the 2018. No tuning or minimal tuning is required, although it will help to get it dialed in.

OP
OP
Z71Jack

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shannon. I believe that the 2018 is the exact same as the 2017. But once it's 100% confirmed then I'll order one from your website. Happy Halloween!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu