2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel disheartened when I read some of your guys posts who are having major problems. For a vehicle at this price point, it should just not be. I guess I'm very fortunate because I didn't even bother test driving my 2016 Denali and have none of these major issues, granted I've owned it for a year now and only put 7k on her. I've had issues but they have been minor like a tear in leather and warped plastic which I'll make them replace under warranty but these major issues are unbelievable. Only reason I bought the new model was because my 2002 Denali is solid, 250k and no major issues.

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn...

Was pretty damn excited to go check this 16' XL Denali out this weekend. Looks exactly like yours, wheels and everything that I wanted.

I will have to wait till I put the kids down for the night and sit down and read through all 22 pages of this. Kind of making me sad here...

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn...

Was pretty damn excited to go check this 16' XL Denali out this weekend. Looks exactly like yours, wheels and everything that I wanted.

I will have to wait till I put the kids down for the night and sit down and read through all 22 pages of this. Kind of making me sad here...

I've been lurking here for quite a while, and have tracked the stories of so many with problems. While some of these might be chalked up to first year blues, to see them in 2017's is disheartening. After driving Chevy/GMC trucks for 26 years, it's making me look elsewhere. Like an F-Pace.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMC called and advised they would not be buying the vehicle back. They stated the final repair attempt was within normal tolerances.

It absolutely is NOT. I will be retaining a lemon law attorney at this point. More to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Normal tolerances".....that's absolutely absurd. I wish you luck in the lemon law process, hope you get exactly what you deserve, which is to be rid of the thing at no expense whatsoever to yourself. It has already cost you an unknown sum in time/hassle/irritation alone. GM clearly is not stepping up to the plate and owning their problems in many cases on these suv's.

I've been lurking here for quite a while, and have tracked the stories of so many with problems. While some of these might be chalked up to first year blues, to see them in 2017's is disheartening. After driving Chevy/GMC trucks for 26 years, it's making me look elsewhere. Like an F-Pace.

It is disheartening for sure. There is not a full size SUV on the market that I like as much interior and exterior wise as the Tahoe/suburban/Yukon platform. But when a ragged out rental '17 expedition with 27k on it and a new four door wrangler ride better than the last brand new '17 Tahoe I test drove.....well, I'm forced to reevaluate my affection for these GM vehicles.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn...

If you really want to be discouraged and want to do a lot of reading, go read the 177 page thread on a different forum surrounding the same issue. The same can be said for the escalade sites. So sad...

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've been in a GM pretty much all my life, and my soft spot for them started from my dad's love of Chevy's. When I moved out and on my own my first truck was a used Sierra SLT. Been in love with GMC's since, and have had 2 since then. Kids are in bed. Time to start reading...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know a guy at work keeps reminding me that GM is still indebt to our Federal Govt., Remember the Bailout ?, they should be kissing the publics ass. Ummmmm!!
Neither here nor there but GM paid back their tarp debt years ago.

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit the 1,000 Mike mark this weekend on my 2017 Denali. Have had zero issues so far and absolutely love the thing. Do feel bad for those who have the issue but I would encourage each person do their own investigation. I drove 5 and never experienced a problem with any of them.

I will say, I read through that long thread and just about 80% of those posts seemed to come from about 5-10 users all documenting their progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792