2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final Service log.
9ff08aa4ffbb7b36d80c62a0e6487e50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question but you aren't talking about the vibration caused when the motor goes into AFM mode are you?
If you put the truck into manual 7 does it still do it?
The AFM causes the horrible vibration and droning mentioned. It has nothing to do with tires.
It has to do with the vibration caused by the cam in 4 cylinder mode.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question but you aren't talking about the vibration caused when the motor goes into AFM mode are you?
If you put the truck into manual 7 does it still do it?
The AFM causes the horrible vibration and droning mentioned. It has nothing to do with tires.
It has to do with the vibration caused by the cam in 4 cylinder mode.
Yes it does buddy

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is his 2nd truck, so I'm guessing he's aware of that piece. I only drive ours in "M" mode but still have droaning/bufffeting problems.

tenbigblinds - Have you driven other XLs on the dealer's lot to compare?

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is his 2nd truck, so I'm guessing he's aware of that piece. I only drive ours in "M" mode but still have droaning/bufffeting problems.

tenbigblinds - Have you driven other XLs on the dealer's lot to compare?

Yes.... the XL I drove was so bad they took it straight to service. The shorts were fine.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazing...crazy after 3yrs we are still dealing with this problem. Ha, I wonder when the 18s will start arriving?

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, just a thought.
Mine is horrible in Drive but much more tolerable in manual 7. I also had the tires replaced by Michelin's and force balanced.
It sounds like your problems are obviously worse.
My Denali comes off lease next year and am looking pretty hard at the new Navigator L.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, just a thought.
Mine is horrible in Drive but much more tolerable in manual 7. I also had the tires replaced by Michelin's and force balanced.
My Denali comes off lease next year and am looking pretty hard at the new Navigator L.

Have you always had the 22s? I dropped down to 20s (with new michelins) on ours and I am considering putting the 22s back on with new michelins but I'm a little worried as the 22s were horrible before but they also had half worn bridgestones. 90% of our issues were improved with the michelins so I'm hoping the same would be happen going back to the 22s with new tires.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you always had the 22s? I dropped down to 20s (with new michelins) on ours and I am considering putting the 22s back on with new michelins but I'm a little worried as the 22s were horrible before but they also had half worn bridgestones. 90% of our issues were improved with the michelins so I'm hoping the same would be happen going back to the 22s with new tires.
Yes. The tires will flat spot a bit if they set for a while. But that goes away after about 5 minutes of driving.
Michelin's and balancing helped my truck out a lot.
It's funny how back in the day 16" wheels were the upgrade. Then there came 18's.
I remember putting 20's on my wife's 2003 Tahoe and people thought I was really ballin.
Now I can't see a full sized SUV on anything less than 22's. lol

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, just a thought.

I've seen a few photos of the new expedition and am not sure it does much for me, need to check out the navigator. One could likely get a heck of a deal on current style Exp/nav at the end of this year I'd imagine.

As much as I like the interior and exterior styling of the Tahoe/Yukon, I'm having serious reservations about jumping into one of these things given all I've seen, and not just here either. My last GM 1500 pickup was an absolute piece of garbage that never shifted correctly and made some really abnormal tranny/torque converter sounds, in addition to all the typical feelings and characteristics that you all have experienced when it shifts in and out of 4 cyl mode. Not sure it makes much sense to try that power train again here with these suv's, given the other known vibration/buffeting issues that are present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon