2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Seems kind of funny that the GM rep hasn't chimed in lately on this forum, I guess when you threaten to enact the lemon law they stay out of it. They only seem to chime in if they can offer some
" Goodwill " must be programmed by upper management

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems kind of funny that the GM rep hasn't chimed in lately on this forum, I guess when you threaten to enact the lemon law they stay out of it. They only seem to chime in if they can offer some
" Goodwill " must be programmed by upper management
The dealership has been very nice to work with and they acknowledge the issue every time. The eye opener was the general manager riding with me in my car and a 2017 and pretty much saying - "Brandon I know this sucks but we can't do anything to make this better."

The only thing that's really upset me with the whole process was them trying to "dupe" me on a set of Michelins. Not only did they ask me to pay half, they also said "GMC will not continue to do warranty work for the vibration after we put the Michelins on." I was like.... ummmmm yeah thanks but no thanks. I immediately retained a lemon law attorney. Letter going out via certified mail this week. I will post a copy of the letter and their response.

Again let me state... I am/was a loyal Yukon owner. I've owned 6 Yukon/Suburbans and have never looked at another manufacturer. If GMC would make this right, I would remain loyal. Otherwise.... I am taking my business elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certified letter sent to GM today.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM rep called last night regarding the certified letter. She also acknowledged speaking to "Bill" the dealer service manager. "Bill" advised the rep that he had driven my vehicle after the last repair and acknowledged the vibration still existed at low speed. He also informed her that we drove a new one off the lot and it was worse than mine.

Bottom line - They are scheduling the final repair opportunity next week. If they cannot resolve it once and for all, she said - "GM will make you an offer on your current Denali." Whatever that means.

nitehawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did they say what the "last repair" would involve?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up for a reasonable offer on your Denali. They tried to pull that one on me but it was unacceptable. You should get the full purchase price back including down payment, plus any GM accessories or extended warranties but they may deduct for mileage but in your case very little if any since you have such low mileage, (mine was a Lemon Law in Florida). They should be telling you to go pick out a new one, even exchange. Your Lemon Law attorney should be able to get everything back that you are entitled to based on the state that you live in. Good Luck.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't hired an attorney yet. I was told by one I needed to send the letter first. And I told the lady, I want a new one... period.

Current mileage is 3800.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't hired an attorney yet. I was told by one I needed to send the letter first. And I told the lady, I want a new one... period.

Current mileage is 3800.

You need to amend this. It has to be "I want a new one that is 100% free of all issues the previous one had, or my money back for the full purchase price + accessories".

IMO, you'd be best served getting all your money back and finding a good 2014 Yukon Denali XL. You'll never have these issues with it because the platform is mature and completely stable.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMC called again today. Final attempt scheduled for 4/18. Will keep everyone posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaka1