2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.... despite all the bad press and publicity I traded my 2015 SLT for a 16 XL Denali. Bridgestone tires... just needed the additional room. Car payment and remaining months stayed the same due to the 0% financing promo.

700 miles in and I am constantly having to pop my ears, it makes me nauseous to drive. Worst from 38-45mph and 70+. It vibrates like crazy, has the roughest idle ever and I am so mad at myself.

What's the best route to take here? Already had it in once for the window controls rattling.

What should I do fellas? Appointment set with service for Thursday 2/17

14614ae2acb5d10af86342577eba2435.jpg
3fe104526b30e6c008aa999590de2089.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.... despite all the bad press and publicity I traded my 2015 SLT for a 16 XL Denali. Bridgestone tires... just needed the additional room. Car payment and remaining months stayed the same due to the 0% financing promo.

700 miles in and I am constantly having to pop my ears, it makes me nauseous to drive. Worst from 38-45mph and 70+. It vibrates like crazy, has the roughest idle ever and I am so mad at myself.

What's the best route to take here? Already had it in once for the window controls rattling.

What should I do fellas? Appointment set with service for Thursday 2/17

14614ae2acb5d10af86342577eba2435.jpg
3fe104526b30e6c008aa999590de2089.jpg

Did it come on suddenly or was it evident during test drives?

At this point it's just get everything documented and I'd also let GM know.

Others can chime in with more helpful info I'm sure.

Sorry to hear.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it come on suddenly or was it evident during test drives?

At this point it's just get everything documented and I'd also let GM know.

Others can chime in with more helpful info I'm sure.

Sorry to hear.

Test drive was 5 min... never felt it because I was so enamored with getting my 2015 SLT traded for the 16 Denali XL. Even my kids notice it.... they complain about the pressure.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drive was 5 min... never felt it because I was so enamored with getting my 2015 SLT traded for the 16 Denali XL. Even my kids notice it.... they complain about the pressure.

Ugh. Well. Lesson learned I suppose.

Anyway...

Log a case with GM. Lemon laws are strict. If they say the tires have flat spots don't let them also say "wait another 500 miles and it'll work itself out" or something like that. Time is your enemy. Dealers are fully aware of this issue. They just play dumb. There are service notices about this (TSB's) you can point them too. Dragging their feet is typical it seems. Be persistent. Have the service manager do a ride along too. Helps if they admit to feeling it while you're there.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer should have a list of things to try...
(i say try b/c they still havent sorted it all out)

stuff i have seen/heard, so far: (small list)
-get rid of bridgestone tires (have dealer get you something of quality)
-road force balance your new tires
-change out front &/or rear driveshaft
-disable AFM w/ either range device or a tune
-change body mounts (this is new update on 17's)

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks good, outside of your issues ;)

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if they look at me like I'm stupid then what? My kids literally have headaches and road sickness from 30 mile rides. We have only owned Yukons.... this blows.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if they look at me like I'm stupid then what? My kids literally have headaches and road sickness from 30 mile rides. We have only owned Yukons.... this blows.

You were (as you noted) stubborn enough to buy a $70k+ vehicle with known issues without a thorough test drive. You'll be bull headed enough to power through this.

This is THEIR ISSUE not yours.

Call GM. tell them the car is making your kids sick. Get a case started. They'll work with you on this. The dealer will also try to resolve. If they don't believe you do a ride along and have them do a pico test to measure vibration.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were (as you noted) stubborn enough to buy a $70k+ vehicle with known issues without a thorough test drive. You'll be bull headed enough to power through this.

This is THEIR ISSUE not yours.

Call GM. tell them the car is making your kids sick. Get a case started. They'll work with you on this. The dealer will also try to resolve. If they don't believe you do a ride along and have them do a pico test to measure vibration.

Fair enough. I knew the possibility was there... I just love Yukons. This sucks. Will the dealer give me a comparable loaner? I need the big vehicle. I'm a single dad

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get a case started and them working on the issues, I know eliminating the bridge stones helped alot on the vibrations. Work on getting the dealer to swap them out for Michelin tires and have them road force balanced as said above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne