2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this just the current generation models that are having this issue? No similar issues reported with the 2007-14?

Looking to replace an 04 Yukon XL soon, but don't want a (literal) headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you are correct...15+ version has The vibration/ buffeting issue.

nitehawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have quick question . Does any one have any idea why some of the Denali 's have these issues and some don't? Is it dependant on the assembly plant or the parts provider? I have friends that have Denali' s bought from late 2014 (2015 models) all the way to mine ( late "2016) . These five SUV have none of the issues at all. All the SUV's were bought in the Montreal area. All have been through extremely weather conditions and have had both original tires as well as winter tires installed .

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have quick question . Does any one have any idea why some of the Denali 's have these issues and some don't? Is it dependant on the assembly plant or the parts provider? I have friends that have Denali' s bought from late 2014 (2015 models) all the way to mine ( late "2016) . These five SUV have none of the issues at all. All the SUV's were bought in the Montreal area. All have been through extremely weather conditions and have had both original tires as well as winter tires installed .

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

I honestly think many more to majority have the buffeting problem, it's just that not all (people) are affected by it. for example, i've driven a couple where the owner claims it's 100% perfect and doesn't have the issue and within the first 5min, I can feel the buffeting (pressure feeling.) There is something with the current design and it takes very little input from the road to the chassis to create the problem.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... there is nothing wrong with the trucks? Some people are too sensitive to noise...
For example: Im the type of guy that could sleep in the middle of construction site( Jack hammer and all) and you have the ones that even if a bird is chirping... cant sleep!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... there is nothing wrong with the trucks? Some people are too sensitive to noise...

ha, I don't think so. There's something up with the trucks. How can the same people drive every other vehicle with no issue? We didn't have any issue with our 07 tahoe, 09 burb, and 12 traverse and a long list of other vehicles we've been in on long road trips. The traverse was a rattle box, but it was pressure-free. ha.

Rented a pacifica last month during vacation and it was comfy and a joy to drive with family on multiple 2hr + trips.

Again, it's not so much a noise as it is a pressure feeling, like when taking off in a plane.

Last edited:

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to find someone this summer that have it on the truck....
Is a bunch of them at our basketball games but seen i dont know the owners. Easy like 30 to 50 of those trucks on a weekend tournament.
I gotta let them drive my truck.
I feel and hear things but there is always my Radio. Even if you put it on 1010 wins it solves my problems...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a truck issue and not a person to person issue. Last spring when my transmission in my 2006 was out of commission, I ended up using my triple A coverage to have it towed off the mountain to the transmission shop that ended up doing my rebuild. Triple A gave me a complimentary rental for the time my truck was down the mountain which was awesome. They put me in an early 2015 build SWB SLT Yukon, riding on SLT 18s. In the less than 10 minutes it took on the freeway to get to the bottom of the mountain, both my mom and I noticed major issues. It was terrible. Fortunately once we were well under highway speeds going up the mountain, the pressure was gone and I didn't drive that fast again while I had it. On the flip side my best friends parents have a mid year build 2015 escalade esv on factory 22s. Even when it was on Oem Bridgestone duelers it drove amazingly. I went on several road trips with them that I was invited along on, and there were zero issues whatsoever. No buffeting at why speeds, or odd noises or shakes. I don't know what causes it either, but it's definetly flaws in the truck. Been in several other gems as well and haven't noticed issues.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that could very well be Bigbeard, but I will say the numbers that I've been in, i have yet to be in one that was 100% free from it. Yes, some are definitely less noticeable than others and more tolerable than others.

I have only been in one 2017 and it wasn't too bad so maybe they've quietly nailed down the issue. I have three family members that all have the extended version with one being a '17 denali (just picked it up 2wks ago) and I am interested to take it for a spin soon. The others are a 15 Escalade and 16 Yukon xl. Both exhibit the buffeting with the esky almost worse than the yukon. I've been in two rentals over the past year, both short versions, (15 and 16 yukon) and they both had it. Dealer loaned me a used 15 burb ltz with approx 20k miles on it and it was horrible (but yet they sold it just a few days after ). Neighbor has a 16 Tahoe LTZ and he kept telling me it's problem free but yet within 5min of driving I noticed it. It is not as bad as ours once was but I could feel it. Not to mention I've test driven several 15 and 16 yukons since owning ours as I was planning to trade ours in for a good one.

I know many others have experienced the same when test driving many many trucks. A few have had two buybacks and could never find one buffeting-free so they went with a different vehicle.

By the way out of many different ones, my wife only felt it in a couple of them so I t hink the level or issue does vary. She's hardly bothered or feels the pressure with ours which is the reason we still own it as it's her daily vehicle. :waytogo: I've pretty much given up trying to resolve it or wait for GM to issue a fix. I just make sure the michelins are RF every so often and just deal with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lemon law attorney reviewed all docs and is taking my case. Kiss my ASS GM... I'm going to Ford!
94da8f64e376bd546faca36f5141fdb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious...Is this firm one that has experience with the issues and has won against GM already?

Hopefully you're going to buy time to check out the 18 Expedition/Navigator in a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts