2016 Colorado/Canyon doable wheels swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have been looking for some nicer alloy wheels than my stock alloy Tahoe wheels. I found some take offs from a 2016 GMC Canyon that I like and they are a six lug wheel. The stud spread is 5.5" so I am not worried there. The Canyon is a 12-1.5 thread and my Tahoe is a 14-1.5 thread. I am worried that the wheel hole itself could be too small to be able to reuse my lug nuts and I am also worried about the center clearance area at the back of the wheel where it would need to clear my hub flange area. The seller says the wheels are coming off a diesel rig. The tire size is going from a 265/70R16 to a 265/60R18. The tire inflated height appears to be the exact same so I am not worried about turning interference unless the offset is way different. I tried to look it all up in a crossover diagram but says the Colorado/Canyon are the same from 2004 on and I am not sure of that and the seller also says he heard the wheels would not fit the 2002 Tahoe I have. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Never mind. A little more deep research found my answer. The center hub size needed for the 2002 Tahoe is 78.1 mm and the stock alloy wheels for the 2016 Canyon have a center hub size of 66.9 mm. To fit would require an enlargening of the hub hole to clear and has been done before but I am not interested in that.

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Colorado wheels are not the same bolt pattern. I believe they are a 6x120 (though not positive), not a 6x139.7....

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Moot point now. I decided to pass on the tires and wheels. I know one thing though, never ever will I use spacers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne