2015 Z71 rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UFBeef

Reaction score
Still haven't been able to get me hands on a buildsheet, looking to figure out what rear end is in this thing, I know it's locking with 3.42 gears but I need to change the diff fluid. All searches keep coming up with a gm 8.5", 10 bolt. I also see references from time to time for a gm 9.5" rear end, anybody know if that is an option. This tahoe has a 12 bolt rear end. All u want is to get a stinking different gasket for this thing. Thanks in advance.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory gasket is re-usable. It is like a rubber o-ring. Not cork like days of old.

OP
OP
U

UFBeef

Reaction score
Do I have been to 5 different auto parts stores, half try to sell me the gm 10 bolt rear end, which I don't have 10 bolts the other half tell me they can't get it yet? One told me they don't use gaskets and it's just glue/gasket maker. Really making me mad.

OP
OP
U

UFBeef

Reaction score
So ran a "build sheet", doesnt say exactly what rear end is in the vehicle, only diff type and gear ratio. It's definitely a 12 bolt versus a GM 10 bolt which apparently is standard. Anybody else have the larger read end, 9.x" on their tahoe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne