2015 Yukon XL - Upgrade Wireless Charging to support iPhone X?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

natasha69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on how to upgrade the wireless charging mat to support the iPhone X? The 2018 models support it. I'm wondering if we could just swap out the charging pad (or whats underneath it). Not sure if the connection has enough power or not.

Has anyone attempted this yet?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a few discussions on here about this and so far I don’t think anyone knows just yet as we haven’t seen any part numbers for the 2018 changing mats. I sure hope we can just swap it out as that would be a nice to have.

IamZ

Reaction score
Do the '18s also have wireless CarPlay then?

Tonka Boater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wireless CarPlay would be convenient but I would still plug it for the best sound. There's a HUGE difference in audio quality between wired and bluetooth.

BTW, the mat on my '16 does not work with my iPhone X :-( ....bummer but not a huge deal since I plug in anyway.

OP
OP
N

natasha69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried to find the part on parts.com for the 15/16/17, but could not find it. Will keep looking and that hopefully will allow us to find the 18 part easier.

white15

Reaction score
Very Interested in this as well. I have a 2016 Denali, and tried to do the magnet remove hack and no luck... I home someone finds the part number!!

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should consider myself lucky that the magnet delete worked for me. I wonder why it is working for some and not others.

OP
OP
N

natasha69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
magnet delete - can someone post the link to that fix? worth a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep