2015 Yukon XL 2/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WIFFLEHOUSE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought my wife a 2015 yukon xl last week and the first day she says it needs to be lowered. Her 09 tahoe has a 2/4 drop with belltech spindles and springs in the rear along with end links and shock relocators and she loves the ride and look.

I planned on going with same setup on the 2015 but my only concern was the XL being heavier in the rear, I didnt want it to lose ride quality. Is there a better option for the yukon?

IMO The ride quality has stayed the same. 18XL Denali w/magnaride 2wd. Belltech rear coils, Mcgaughys front spindles. 2/3 drop right now but I’ll be looking to get that extra inch soon. The only difference in ride that I noticed was going from 22s to 24s. Stiffened up the ride a little bit

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ive done many on my 2/3.5-4.5 kit. The belltech combo with endlinks ride great. Many of my older customers have issues going in and out and by doing this kit its not slammed but much easier access and no complaints on rides.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, this is all new to me. Is this stance to low for normal dd’ing? Any issues pulling in or out of gas stations or steeper driveways? Or small speed bumps?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
look at truck i posted 2 weeks ago its a 1 7/16 and 3.5 rear kit. NO issues and hes in his 70s

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look at truck i posted 2 weeks ago its a 1 7/16 and 3.5 rear kit. NO issues and hes in his 70s

Nice. I will try to find it.

The only thing I could forsee happening is my wife ripping the front valence off on a parking curb.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With thr kit i set up you will be fine not a full 2 inch

IMG_20180123_080657_236.jpg

WIFFLEHOUSE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice. I will try to find it.

The only thing I could forsee happening is my wife ripping the front valence off on a parking curb.

It’s a small drop but I still have to take certain steep driveways at an angle. I clear most parking lot curbs, I’ve only caught slight drag on a couple. Small speeds bumps haven’t been a problem. This drop is perfectly fine for DD and gives your ride a better look. The pros completely outweigh the very few insignificant cons of a smaller drop like this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu