2015 + Yukon Interior fit and finish (what's your experience?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PivotalRex

Reaction score
I haven't found anything on the topic so I'm hoping this is positive for the most part. I'm looking to purchase a 2017 Yukon Denali. I wanted to know what your experience is with the fit and finish of the truck. Are they holding up? Has GM stepped up on their interior? Or is it more of the same where the rattles and creaks come out after a year or two?

My father had a 2003 Yukon XL that began to rattle about a year after buying it and only got worse as time went on.

Appreciate any insight.

tonywush

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same as Tahoe, except for

metal warp as opposed to plastic wrap
Slightly better leathered seats

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about 18 months in and my denali is holding up fine. I am a CRAZY person when it comes to rattles and I've been happy. There is one rattle/rubbing noise somewhere between my dash and driver door that comes and go (weather maybe?) that I cant track down but besides that its very good. Things like uneven gaps (inside and out), paint 'nubs' and the rest of the GM gremlins remain but again, these are $40K trucks that get upsold to $90K sometimes. Frankly the rattles on Mercedes and Infiniti's I've owned have been as bad or worse.

Overall I went in with low expectations and have been pleasantly surprised.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 LT with 50k miles and I have no interior trim complains other than the uncomfortable leather seats that squeak and sound like a cheap plastic sofa as you move around. No other squeaks, rattles, or deterioration have been experieced so far.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 years and 33,000 miles later and the interior has held up really well. Only an occasional rattle here and there but often times I think the ones I hear are coming from one of the two car seats in back versus the actual trim in the truck.

I've found the truck to be much better than the Merc C400 that I came from and owned for only 6 months. That thing had several squeaks and rattles inside that the dealership could not track down or fix and I wasn't about to have them start ripping up the dash on a 2 month old car. Many other reasons why I ditched that car but so far while it was beautiful it was poor put together compared to the Tahoe. Of course YMMV no matter which manufacturer and vehicle you buy as any brand and car is subject to have issues.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 years and 33,000 miles later and the interior has held up really well. Only an occasional rattle here and there but often times I think the ones I hear are coming from one of the two car seats in back versus the actual trim in the truck.

I've found the truck to be much better than the Merc C400 that I came from and owned for only 6 months. That thing had several squeaks and rattles inside that the dealership could not track down or fix and I wasn't about to have them start ripping up the dash on a 2 month old car. Many other reasons why I ditched that car but so far while it was beautiful it was poor put together compared to the Tahoe. Of course YMMV no matter which manufacturer and vehicle you buy as any brand and car is subject to have issues.

You've learned your lesson. Don't buy cars made in Alabama!

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've learned your lesson. Don't buy cars made in Alabama!

Yeah, apparently so! I thought maybe MB would have been ok as my BMX X5 a long while back was rock solid and that came from South Carolina. Guess MB didn't have their US factory up to ***** just yet...

Alex carb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have typically bought BMWs and Audis but after 3 kids needed the space. My 16 Denali XL has held up prett well after 28k miles. My one grip is tha cranking the leather shows because I have never had that problem. I usually use leather cleaner every so often and it helps a bit. Other than that been a great truck. No buffering or any of those issues.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, apparently so! I thought maybe MB would have been ok as my BMX X5 a long while back was rock solid and that came from South Carolina. Guess MB didn't have their US factory up to ***** just yet...
I’ve been to the BMW plant in SC a few times and took the tour and stuff. It was cool to see and I only lived about 20 minutes away in Greenville. They made the X5 and I think the Z4 there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been to the BMW plant in SC a few times and took the tour and stuff. It was cool to see and I only lived about 20 minutes away in Greenville. They made the X5 and I think the Z4 there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. I believe now all X vehicles are built there except for the X1 if I recall correctly. The upcoming X7 is also set to be built there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne