2015 Yukon Denali rear DVD wont play on screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pre-owned 2015 Yukon Denali. It has the rear DVD but did not come with a remote. The DVD will play on the dash screen but I can't get it to work on the flip down screen.

I read on another forum that you need to use the remote to turn it on. I work at a dealership, so I borrowed a remote from another Denali but I still can't get the screen to work.

Am I missing something? Do I need a new TV? Does the remote need to be programmed?

Last edited:
OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just for the hell of it, I take out the 4 screws, unplug both plugs to the TV, look at everything, and re-install it, and vuala, it works!

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you selecting to play the movie? In my Tahoe, I have the screen down and then go to the home screen and choose video and select the appropriate input source. It will then play on the screen up front (while in park) as well as play on the drop down screen.

I've never messed with using the remote so far as my kiddo is only 2.5 and I don't want to give control to her with the remote and have to constantly mess with the system because she's pushed a button and changed something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094