2015 Tahoe Refrigerant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bighurk

Reaction score
Hi all, recently noticed that my 2015 tahoe’s AC is out of refrigerant? The air stopped blowing cold. Is this normal for a car this new or is there a leak?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Hi all, recently noticed that my 2015 tahoe’s AC is out of refrigerant? The air stopped blowing cold. Is this normal for a car this new or is there a leak?

No its not normal. Refrigerant is not a consumable Item. Most likely from what I have seen here on TYF is that you have a Bad condenser, a GM screw up. Get in line with the rest of them for a new condenser that is not covered by warranty (and by the way is on National back order) unless you want to pitch a royal fit in front of the service advisor. and that most likely wont work either. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Bighurk

Bighurk

Reaction score
Wow... this is BS. I have never had this problem before. I actually called the customer service for Chevy today and they said that they would have a service manager give me a call in 1 day to setup a time for servicing. I find this to be a pain because the car is still fairly new and not having AC is ridiculous. Also they have told me that I am still under warranty so hopefully they will fix this once I talk to them.

Btw, if they don’t cover it under warranty, how much do you think it would be to swap out the condenser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a whole thread on this issue already with pricing, availability and aftermarket parts. Just do a search on AC condenser and it should pop up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons