2015 Tahoe only blowing hot air!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just talked to the dealership again and they notified me that some
Tahoes were over pressured with frion.
This would cause the high pressure switch to build too much pressure and kick off the compressor? They notified me they will check the frion levels when I bring it in on Monday. I would check it myself but don't know if I will have time due to my work schedule the next week. I will keep y'all updated. My front passenger seat is also loose and will have them check that out also. I looked underneath to see if I could find the bolt but there is way too much stuff underneath these seats now!

my 07 Yukon has done this 4 times, and just like other threads on this board, my dash is cracked by the air bag, my set memory does not always work, my sunroof leaks, my upper console leaks, my rear seatbelts leak, 2000 WSs my door panels , dash have been cracked since 2000 , clear coat bubbles, this car has under 40,*** miles and sits in the garage. it is from the cheap hard plastic GM plastic they put into these cars. At least with the 15's they got smart and stopped with that plastic crap, but then the price went up 10 G's....
My next car will be a DODGE....

OP
OP
W

wild thing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Turns out the problem was it was overcharged from the factory. They drained the frion down and filled it back up to spec. I guess these new systems are very sensitive.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out the problem was it was overcharged from the factory. They drained the frion down and filled it back up to spec. I guess these new systems are very sensitive.

I'd be very curious to see if this is an actual long term fix. It would have to be substantially overcharged to actually make it kick itself out.

OP
OP
W

wild thing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd be very curious to see if this is an actual long term fix. It would have to be substantially overcharged to actually make it kick itself out.

From what I have heard is that these systems are extremely sensitive. I have talked to a few people who said that this was the problem. I hope it does fix it long term. It only happened to me that one day and it was extremely hot outside. I guess we will see

St Nick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me today....at 1,000 miles. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Have you had any more problems since you had it at the dealership?

Last edited:

MANNFAM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The same thing has happened to my wife and two small children. It is 90 plus degrees with humidity around 80% and the dealer won't do a thing until next MAYBE next week. I cannot do anything to press the issue with the service writer(who seems to be sexist based on comments he made to my wife) as I am deployed to Korea. You would think that after paying what we did(It was alot, however way less than sticker...USAA hooked us up) we would receive better customer care especially from a service department where most dealers make majority of their profits. I have trusted General Motors to keep my family safe and comfortable in their vehicle while I am away and now it looks as if I may not have made the right choice in manufacturer. I hope the rest of you get your issues resolved for the long term and not just a temporary fix. Keep me posted on how everything works out and I will do the same for you. Oh and by the way the dealer that was so rude and won't even look at it for another week in James Corlew in Clarksville, TN...stay far far away!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same thing has happened to my wife and two small children. It is 90 plus degrees with humidity around 80% and the dealer won't do a thing until next MAYBE next week. I cannot do anything to press the issue with the service writer(who seems to be sexist based on comments he made to my wife) as I am deployed to Korea. You would think that after paying what we did(It was alot, however way less than sticker...USAA hooked us up) we would receive better customer care especially from a service department where most dealers make majority of their profits. I have trusted General Motors to keep my family safe and comfortable in their vehicle while I am away and now it looks as if I may not have made the right choice in manufacturer. I hope the rest of you get your issues resolved for the long term and not just a temporary fix. Keep me posted on how everything works out and I will do the same for you. Oh and by the way the dealer that was so rude and won't even look at it for another week in James Corlew in Clarksville, TN...stay far far away!

Hey MANNFAM,

I'm truly sorry to hear that your wife is having this concern while you are deployed. I can certainly look into this concern for you. Can you please send me a PM with your VIN, current mileage and your wife's number? Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Patsy G (Assisting)
GM Customer Care

macnugetz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there wild thing,

I would like to look further into this concern with your Chevrolet dealership. Please private message us your information including your full name, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership so we can follow up with your dealership on Monday. To verify, has hot air been blowing since your last dealership visit? Thank you for providing the additional detailed information that way we can look into this concern.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Andraya and Jennifer T., I would also appreciate your help in getting resolution for this issue. I'm having the same problem as other posters, and was informed by the dealership (Henna Chevrolet in Austin, TX) that other 2015 Tahoes had been experiencing the same issue. I've already taken it in once but they were unable to reproduce so they didn't fix anything. Since then I've been able to consistently reproduce the problem. If my brand new 2015 Tahoe is parked (not running) out in the heat long enough then it will consistently take a good 15 minutes after starting it up for the AC to start blowing cold air. In other words, the AC doesn't work at the worst possible time. Given how much money I paid for this car, it's extremely frustrating that I've had it for all of a month and have had to take it back to the service department twice for a critical issue like the AC working in Texas. I would love your help in escalating this issue to GM and any assistance you can give me in expediting a fix at the dealership where I purchased the car.

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad and I were visiting with a salesman friend at the dealer a couple weeks ago. He was delivering a new Yukon that was doing the same thing.

Reaction score
Well after all the bad experience with a 07 Yukon xl, I now have a 14 Silverado Z71 and I HOPE I DO NOT HAVE ANYMORE ISSUES, Get it right GM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972