2015 Tahoe LTZ Oem wireless charger Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my work that I just done I've read a lot of people asking questions about this and not much info out there on this topic. This is what I did and how I went about doing it. First I looked on ebay and bought this center console lid link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231912991183?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

When it arrived it looked flawless brand new.

Far as installing this lid it shouldn't take you more than 10 mins its very simple. First if you go to the back of the console were the rear controls are located in the pocket below there's a rubber pocket inside it just slides out remove it. Then there's (4) t15 torx screws to remove in pics below.

DSC03098.jpg

DSC03097.jpg

Once you remove the (4) t15 torx screws open your lid half way more or less were the latch is open just resting. From the rear of the console were you removed the torx screws in the pocket if you grab it firmly and pull up and back it will pop loose there's just clips holding it on there. Be careful not to pull it to far back as there is wiring attached that needs to be removed. Also I would NOT use anything to try and pry it loose such as a screw driver the plastic in our Tahoe's is very soft and you will leave marks if you try prying. Once you pop it loose this is what you will see in the pic below.

DSC03099.jpg

You can see in this pic the gray plug on the left hand side this is the wireless charging plug just pull it loose removing it will the retaining plug to put back in the new lid. Also if you look on the far right hand side of the lid there's another plug that has to be removed its for the console inside light it just pops right out and set to the side.

DSC03101.jpg

Once you have done all this its time to swap the lids out. All that holds the lid in place are (4) 7mm screws just remove them and the lid will come right off see pic of the 4 screws to be removed.

DSC03100.jpg

Once you remove it everything reinstalls the same what as you removed it except that you plug the new console lid plug into the gray plug once done you now have wireless charging and its all oem no plug or wires exposed any where. Hope this helps some members out.

DSC03103.jpg

DSC03102.jpg

trmccoy34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So all the wiring is already in place? All I need to do is buy the lid, and I'm good to go?

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
That's pretty pricey when you can mod the standard lid to work for about $20.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Geojarn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The ground was good. I just ended up splicing the power to one of the USB outlets in the back

Disco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The ground was good. I just ended up splicing the power to one of the USB outlets in the back

Do you get the charging signal on your radio when your phone is charging on the pad?