2015 Tahoe Disco lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to update what I had. As of last week GM wanted no part in helping or resolving this. However, my dealer is looking to help as much as they can, so we'll see what they come back with.

As I mentioned before the PI # changed and the part number they gave me for the modules is now #23396157. I believe there are 2 of them for the front overhead lights and although those front lights don't flash they are connected to the 2nd and 3rd rows, which do. If anybody has pulled apart that front overhead console I'd still love to see what that procedure is. I may still end up having to fix it myself. Thanks.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just cancelled my plans for a 2016....last thing I need is, $70k disco light system

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just cancelled my plans for a 2016....last thing I need is, $70k disco light system

Others will have to chime in, but I think it's only an issue with 2015's. I think the later models have the updated modules. No Disco party for them....hopefully.

Duff87

Reaction score
I have the same issue but I am over my 36k warranty will gm still fix the issue for free or am i f@@ked?

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably depends on your dealer, I would try and get them to do it. Every dealer i talked to said they had never seen the issue before but if you reference the PI numbers in the above posts they may be able to help you out on the diagnosis cost.

I'd guess you will be paying for it. But, hopefully they will help you out. Good Luck, I hope you have better luck than i did.

Duff87

Reaction score
had anybody found the parts, since reading the updated bulletin it should only be two lamps right?

Mike Daugherty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It will take appx 15 minutes to remove the bezel, replace the lights and re-install. 23104411 is the part number, I bought two on EBAY for $23 each. Worked like a charm.

The overhead panel is actually 2 pcs. Snap out the small panel that holds the HomeLink, rear hatch and dome light controls- just pull down on the rear portion of this panel to pop the clips out. This will allow you access to the two screws that hold the larger panel to the roof, you will need a fairly long Phillips screwdriver. After the screws are out, pull downward on the front of the larger panel, there is one clip in each front corner that will pop out, I had to use a flat screwdriver in each corner on this. You then disconnect the main wire harness and both units will drop from the roof. Swap the lights out, a simply re-install the overhead unit.

Last edited:

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, just for clarification when you say pop the "rear" of the panel, do you mean the section toward the rear of the vehicle? I just want to make sure before I go pulling on the pieces.

And just for reference I think this is the new/updated part number I found with my dealer (#23396157) as the old one shows discontinued on a few sites.

Thanks for posting how to get that panel apart I've been looking for it for a while.