2015 Tahoe almost looking like 2018 Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tejuan04

tejuan04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking: what did the window chrome and grill chrome cost to color match? Your rig looks awesome. Thanks in advance
I paid $200 I don't think that was too bad but I'm not sure what the going rate is for that particular job.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious, did they (or you) take parts off & paint?

of just tape it all off?

BEIS

Reaction score
curious, did they (or you) take parts off & paint?

of just tape it all off?

I'd be curious to know this as well. I talked to some places, and they recommended not to paint these parts, as the paint doesn't hold well on the chrome. Rather, they suggested wrapping the parts. So, I priced out wrapping the side chrome ($200) and the front chrome ($250) in Louisiana. This place fully removed all of the parts to do the wrap job. It seems that with the new RST coming out next year, you could almost purchase the color matched parts from the dealership at or below those prices. I hate having chrome on my truck. It's not an Escalade... Again, tejaun04, your truck looks great.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thing looks awesome, nice job!

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know this as well. I talked to some places, and they recommended not to paint these parts, as the paint doesn't hold well on the chrome. Rather, they suggested wrapping the parts. So, I priced out wrapping the side chrome ($200) and the front chrome ($250) in Louisiana. This place fully removed all of the parts to do the wrap job. It seems that with the new RST coming out next year, you could almost purchase the color matched parts from the dealership at or below those prices. I hate having chrome on my truck. It's not an Escalade... Again, tejaun04, your truck looks great.
I'm interested to see how this holds up as well. A lot of guys in the Tundra community are anti chrome, and almost everyone wraps their stuff because no one will paint chrome. The ones who don't wrap buy new color matched stuff. There is one guy that actually found someone to paint his, and within 2 years it is peeling horribly.

I don't believe you'll be able to buy the paint matched pieces for less than the wrap job. I would imagine it will be at least double, nothing is cheap these days.

Looks sharp, and I'd love to do it to my truck to complete the "blackout" look. Hope it holds up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tejuan04

tejuan04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So someone had scraped my back bumper and I had to get the truck fixed so I decided to have them paint the chrome too... The shop did remove the chrome around the windows. I honestly don't anticipate the paint lasting very long on the chrome but my thought process was when the 18 RST comes out I'll be able to purchase the trim on the door around the window and get it color matched.

adcs2k

Reaction score

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree..Looks awesome!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member