2015 4wd Tahoe stalls loses all power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adcs2k

Reaction score
I sure will - last night it died and I had to use the ignition to start it back, so that's new. :/

Planning to take it to the dealer again. 70 miles left on factory warranty.

Yeah you better have them document it and fix it somehow hopefully. And if not then they should hopefully, by documenting still be liable for the problem. Use that warranty for any and all things possible. Even if you think there might be a problem I would BS it and ask them to look at it at least and have them document it so it can be covered.

use2likemytahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the same exact issue with our 1015 tahoe. Did you get a fix for yours?

New member here any help greatly appreciated. Our new to us 2015 Tahoe 4wd with 58k has developed a problem. Today while making a left turn I got a alert "ding" and a stabilitrak message came up on drivers console screen. Just a few moments later, while waiting to make a left turn, sitting with wheel turned the steering wheel lurched back to the right. I turned wheel back to the left and the engine died and ALL electrical power was lost. Now sitting in a left turn in the middle of the road nothing to do but lift the hood and start looking, but for what?? Checked battery terminals, lifted the fuse box cover everything "looked" fine. Maybe 3-5mins pass and I went back and opened driver door to tell wife and kids were "dead in the water" and all power came back on. Key back in the ignition Engine starts back up and we drive into a parking lot. On the drivers console screen is this message. Lower then raise drivers side window. Then this message. Lower then raise passenger side window. So we did all that and then parked and turned truck off. We were on our way to eat so we went in had lunch came back out, remote started truck like usual, started right up, we went on our way, had a 150 mile round trip drive with no more issues. My wife tells me it did this to her last week but without the messages or period of lost power. She says she was able to restart engine right away. I so far have been unable to recreate this event. With the engine running wheel turned to lock R or L doesn't even lower rpm not even a sound from power steering pump. Truck was in 2wd during this event. I have read a few posts where people have reported losing power due to poor battery terminal connections and that is being addressed now. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is our first Tahoe and coming from a smaller Volvo XV90 we love it! Hope we can continue to love it! Thx[/QUOT

use2likemytahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having the same exact issue right now. I found your post looking for some answers. My truck lowered so I wanted to eliminate it being a short due to running or a line that is bound up causing the stabilitrac to have issues. What ended up happening with your situation?

Did you find out what was causing this issue? I'm having it.

adcs2k

Reaction score
Did you find out what was causing this issue? I'm having it.

I still haven't had it fixed as of yet. It comes and goes. It will go a month sometimes and be completely fine. But I'm still hoping someone will actually post the TSB or have an actual fix for this. I feel most just trade it in. I had a new problem today happen though, that is concerning now even more. The brakes went to the floor thank goodness I was only going a couple car spaces forward at like 5mph. So it stopped. Scary though. I turned it off for like 10 min and then came back and it was ok.

darkoverlord

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue today and almost had an accident, I could steer the car to the left or right and the stabilitrac alert came up on the dash. The power also went out for a moment and airbag alert came up on the display for a moment. This is really dangerous, I’ve contacted roadside assistance and have the Truck at the dealership. I have a 2015 Tahoe and have had sue like this for a few months now but today was the worst event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DieselNate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue today and almost had an accident, I could steer the car to the left or right and the stabilitrac alert came up on the dash. The power also went out for a moment and airbag alert came up on the display for a moment. This is really dangerous, I’ve contacted roadside assistance and have the Truck at the dealership. I have a 2015 Tahoe and have had sue like this for a few months now but today was the worst event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I've been having the same issue with my 2012 Tahoe. Not as bad. It doesn't actually die. Dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Narrowed it down to the ignition circuit. Mine only shuts off long enough to hear a ding and make a pop in my speakers. Keeps getting worse to where the engine cuts out and come back on. I replaced my ignition switch and it went away for about 2 months. Then it came back. I just put another ignition switch in today and it's gone again. I highly doubt ignition switches should go bad like that. Trying to figure out what is causing it to go bad...

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad batteries can exhibit these problems as well. With as many electronic systems today, if they don't get the proper voltage the car will go bonkers. My wife's Ford was acting a little flakey. Changed to a good battery and viola--no more issues.

The other place to check would be the CANBUS. If it has intermittent problems, the modules can't talk to each other and the dash will light up like a Christmas tree!

Mrtufle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2012 tahoe and the engine is weak I changed plugs a nd cleaned the throttle body. Asnd used chevron gas.this is what happens as I'm driving it has s slight sputter to the engine and when I press on the gas pedal to give it has it has a hard down shift with a buck to it and it does it sometimes at low mph and at high around 60 to 70 mph.what is this problem?

JJKNIGHT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So nobody has any suggestions??
Hello all!
YES I DO! I just had weeks of this very same exact thing happen on my 2016 Tahoe Z71 LT and it left me stranded more than once in severe weather and with my grandkids but one day it just died completely.

I found that even though the terminals are very tight and clean even with a brand new Duracell AGM Battery, that it started it again after leaving SAMs with the new battery because it had killed my other one.

However, after it left me dead cold in a storm, a amateur radio friend pulled up and twisted the two black cables where it goes up inside the lead connector on the cable on the GROUND terminal and the whole truck woke up, alarm went off crazy and I was able to climb straight in it and crank it.

I had already taken it into the local dealer but I won't name them but they even missed it.

I took the truck in the next Monday morning and asked to have the whole ground cable replaced and ONLY that cable.

They charged me $269 but I've yet to have any other power issues!!!

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
YES I DO! I just had weeks of this very same exact thing happen on my 2016 Tahoe Z71 LT and it left me stranded more than once in severe weather and with my grandkids but one day it just died completely.

I found that even though the terminals are very tight and clean even with a brand new Duracell AGM Battery, that it started it again after leaving SAMs with the new battery because it had killed my other one.

However, after it left me dead cold in a storm, a amateur radio friend pulled up and twisted the two black cables where it goes up inside the lead connector on the cable on the GROUND terminal and the whole truck woke up, alarm went off crazy and I was able to climb straight in it and crank it.

I had already taken it into the local dealer but I won't name them but they even missed it.

I took the truck in the next Monday morning and asked to have the whole ground cable replaced and ONLY that cable.

They charged me $269 but I've yet to have any other power issues!!!
Good to know. Thanks for the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2