2015-16 Yukon rear level/drop installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not too worried, but if I run into anything, I'll be sure to hit you up.

16blkltz, your dealership actually installed the lowering springs? Interesting. I saw a YouTube video where I believe the ball socket ends just pop off, or at least that's what it looked like. Looks like the new rods are threaded on both ends. I'm guessing you twist off the ends and put on the shorter bar.

Yes. I had the dealership's service dept. order the kit and install it. I know I probably paid WAY more than what local shops would've charged, but I wanted it that way for alignment and warranty purposes. Actually, they were only approx. $150 more than 2 local shops I got estimates from.

As for my rods, I later replaced them with fully threaded rods I got from NorcalSS (Tony). I figured out a way of popping off the ball socket ends. I can't explain the details of what I did (I'll try to take pictures of what I did the next time I have to work on the suspension)...but you just have to clamp/hold the OEM rod and CAREFULLY pry or pull off the ball socket ends off. I did not have to twist while pulling.

lilmac

Reaction score
Ok, installed the kit and like the results. Rear end dropped 1 1/2" lower now. Should settle a bit more. With just jacks to work with, I found that both wheels needed to come off and the whole rear end needed to drop in order to get the springs out.

Duff87

Reaction score
Ok, installed the kit and like the results. Rear end dropped 1 1/2" lower now. Should settle a bit more. With just jacks to work with, I found that both wheels needed to come off and the whole rear end needed to drop in order to get the springs out.
Do you have any pics

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear autoride rods just pop off, but they can be a PITA. You have to be somewhat careful, and you think they will bust, but then "pop" and they are off... I think I isd a needle-nose pliers and regulat slip-joint pliers prying against each other...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons