2014 Yukon or Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kilo6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade to a 2014 or so yukon or escalade 4x4 long model. The yukons and escalades are the same price generally. Towing and interior is a moot point, they both are both way above what I need because this will be my wife's ride(replacing 2007 yukon). I believe on average escalades do less towing and off roading so they will be in better shape. Which do you folks think will be a more reliable ride?

In short , what will be the more reliable vehicle and cost effective?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no reliability difference between Yukon and Escalade.

The differences that matter from a cost/value perspective are the individual vehicle content level, miles and overall condition.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no reliability difference between Yukon and Escalade.

The differences that matter from a cost/value perspective are the individual vehicle content level, miles and overall condition.

+1 on this. Identical drive lines and suspension. It really comes down to your desired level of baller status.

morriskb

Reaction score
My advice is buy 2014 Yukon Denali its basically a Cadillac Escalade with less money.
Ditto that, plus the navigation system in the Yukon is actually better than the one in the Escalade. Even though they are both hard drive based, the Yukon (2012 and up) allows you to pause live radio with rewind up to 20 minutes and store music into the head unit.

Alan2017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As noted before another post I do own both 2011 Yukon Denali AWD and 2013 Escalade EXT. They are identical in engine , AWD system , Trans , Frame design etc...
The EXT interior slightly upscale and has HID headlights thats It.

To my surprise the Yukon has important advantage being quicker notably on mountain roads the reason the EXT is 400lbs heavier more mass to move!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy