2013 Yukon Denali Express Power Windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1moretoy4me

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and already posted my intro. I did a quick search and did not find, so please forgive me if this has been asked before.

I bought a new 2013 Yukon Denali last night. What a nice vehicle. I didn't think about checking while test driving as it was raining (assumed the Denali would have this feature), stopped by a drive through and the express down power feature worked perfectly. Then to my surprise, I lifted the switch and no express power up feature?? All my other vehicles always had BOTH features (express up & down), not just the down one. Even my 2010 Acadia has both features.

So I checked the window sticker that I found in the glove box and it states "Power Windows, Driver Express Down". What's interesting is that it doesn't state passenger, but passenger one works with down feature. Then I checked the owners manual and it has a chapter about reprograming the windows after a battery disconnection for express down & up features. I tried to see if just maybe it would work for the express up by programing, but nothing, just express down still.
Is this something that the dealer could "program" and make work?

So much into thinking the Denali had everything.
I'm kinda pissed that a $55k+ vehicle does not have but my $40k Acadia & F150 does! Crazy!

Happy new year and thanks in advance.

Mike_L

Banned
Reaction score
I was shocked by the same thing. I expected it, and it just wasn't there. I also expect a $60k truck to have HID and LED tails, but those aren't there either. GM really didn't give a crap about these trucks when they were released in 2007, and even now haven't updated them. We can only hope the new 2014s have what is expected in vehicles in this price range (IRS and fold and tumble seats too). Until then, the aftermarket is our friend for many things.

OP
OP
1moretoy4me

1moretoy4me

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2011 F150 that I just traded for this, the dealer techs didn't know that you could turn on daytime running lights by plugging into the truck and checking off a box in the programming.

So I was thinking that "maybe" it could be that simple, so once I get back to the dealer, I'm going to discuss further to see. If it's that simple, I will let everybody know. The manual leads you to believe it's possible or why even mention at all.

If there are any techs on this forum that could try looking through the programing again, you never know. Maybe it's a little deeper into the programming since it uses a LAN / BUS system that monitors and controls some things.
Like my F150, I asked, they plugged and had to research to find. I'll pay for the research which is why they decided to try. You never know.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's not possible without some aftermarket module. The reason being is that they never installed some sort of safety cutoff so if someone gets in the way of the window, it won't stop. Next time you close your sunroof, hold it back. You'll see it opens back up. The windows don't have that sensor to do the same.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and already posted my intro. I did a quick search and did not find, so please forgive me if this has been asked before.

I bought a new 2013 Yukon Denali last night. What a nice vehicle. I didn't think about checking while test driving as it was raining (assumed the Denali would have this feature), stopped by a drive through and the express down power feature worked perfectly. Then to my surprise, I lifted the switch and no express power up feature?? All my other vehicles always had BOTH features (express up & down), not just the down one. Even my 2010 Acadia has both features.

So I checked the window sticker that I found in the glove box and it states "Power Windows, Driver Express Down". What's interesting is that it doesn't state passenger, but passenger one works with down feature. Then I checked the owners manual and it has a chapter about reprograming the windows after a battery disconnection for express down & up features. I tried to see if just maybe it would work for the express up by programing, but nothing, just express down still.
Is this something that the dealer could "program" and make work?

So much into thinking the Denali had everything.
I'm kinda pissed that a $55k+ vehicle does not have but my $40k Acadia & F150 does! Crazy!

Happy new year and thanks in advance.

1moretoy4me,

Would you please PM me your VIN, so I can check my resources for any additional information?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
1moretoy4me

1moretoy4me

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1moretoy4me,

Would you please PM me your VIN, so I can check my resources for any additional information?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Louis, I had to send you an e-mail as I don't have enough posts to send a PM. Please check your e-mail.

Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
1moretoy4me

1moretoy4me

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can't get it from GM. Aftermarket module: http://www.autoloc.com/catalog/Powe...e-Touch-Up-And-Down-Window-Unit--(Up-AND-Down)

Use the search function of the forum next time, this took me all of 1 minute.

Thank you for the information. I did a search and could not find as I stated in my first sentence of my post as I was trying to avoid comments like yours.

"Hello all, new to the forum and already posted my intro. I did a quick search and did not find, so please forgive me if this has been asked before."

Maybe you should read the entire post "next time".... wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins