2013 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently acquired a 2013 Tahoe PPV from the NJSP with 114k miles on it. Since then, have it at 120k miles and it drives smooth as anything. Little bit about myself, I work a Chevy dealer doing their fleet and police sales and equipment installation, and am a student at a college right next to the beautiful Daytona Speedway in Florida. Looking to many more miles in this and hopefully some good info to improve its performance a little bit without reducing reliability.
If anyone needs info on their PPV/SSV vehicles I am go to person!
20170909_192615.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've always liked the look of those. I'm in nj and see these every day! Lol, looking good. Have any interior shots? Think it's quicker then stock?

OP
OP
Solace

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always liked the look of those. I'm in nj and see these every day! Lol, looking good. Have any interior shots? Think it's quicker then stock?
No pics of my interior other than my console and lighting controller, but it is very clean. And as tested by the Michigan State Police, the 2013s topped out at 137mph but could easily hit 140 and 0-60 in 8 seconds.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No pics of my interior other than my console and lighting controller, but it is very clean. And as tested by the Michigan State Police, the 2013s topped out at 137mph but could easily hit 140 and 0-60 in 8 seconds.
Nice. With my mods I've hit 130, and it was still pulling hard. Mine def had more to give. I don't have a ppv. What's the lighting controller and where's it located? Mind me asking what you paid?

OP
OP
Solace

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. With my mods I've hit 130, and it was still pulling hard. Mine def had more to give. I don't have a ppv. What's the lighting controller and where's it located? Mind me asking what you paid?
Whelen CenCom Carbide, controls all the emergency lights and the siren I have in it. Paid $8500, and no that did not include any of the lights or siren hahaha. 20170922_203239.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Sweet ride. Time to put some slicks on and make that run around the legendary Daytona Intl Speedway. lol Love that place.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Whelen CenCom Carbide, controls all the emergency lights and the siren I have in it. Paid $8500, and no that did not include any of the lights or siren hahaha. View attachment 183980
Did they take all of the equipment out? My son works at an auction that does a lot of the government police vehicles, and alit if them come in fully geared. He has to decommission them, which means taking the decals off and destroying the police equipment! That's right, you read correctly, destroy! Breaking the overhead lights, putting electrical equipment, like radios, in buckets of water, etc. Now he's been told to take the radios and trunking systems out and lock them up. Those eventually get picked up.

OP
OP
Solace

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they take all of the equipment out? My son works at an auction that does a lot of the government police vehicles, and alit if them come in fully geared. He has to decommission them, which means taking the decals off and destroying the police equipment! That's right, you read correctly, destroy! Breaking the overhead lights, putting electrical equipment, like radios, in buckets of water, etc. Now he's been told to take the radios and trunking systems out and lock them up. Those eventually get picked up.
NJSP completely strips them except for spotlights and pushbumpers before they go out to auction because they reuse a lot of the equipment, especially lightbars. All the equipment you see on it is stuff I installed, including the new pushbumper. Same with cars they scrap, which is very nice if you know some people who run the fleet because they are willing to give you any parts you need from cars getting scrapped. Now my Crown Vic I got came with everything still in it, just without decals so I stripped it out myself, but it made my life easier when I added in new lights and equipment.
Also here's some interior pics I took today while reconfiguring a few things.
20170930_123111.jpg
20170930_123119.jpg

Welcome. Sweet ride. Time to put some slicks on and make that run around the legendary Daytona Intl Speedway. lol Love that place.
I wish I could, I would love to lap this thing

Nice deal.

So, what are your first plans now...? :)

Trying to figure out what to do to push a little more power out of it without ruining gas mileage and reliability.