2013 Tahoe LTZ what makes it SSV.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious what qualifies a Tahoe as SSV? Is mine?
Also any info on brake size and differences between LTZ-SSV-PPV and being able to upgrade to the PPV brakes would be appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has heavy duty cooling system which is just a slightly thicker radiator with both trans cooler lines and oil cooler lines, higher amperage electric fans with more fins, suspension is stiffer and sit's 2" lower stock, missing some of the drivers information center and a 140mph speedo, better quality brakes as stated above. I have already added most of this to mine I just need the fan's.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and if anybody has a ssv or ppv and know that you have the hd cooling package could I get the last 8 of your vin, so I can see if the fan relays are different or not.

787DRVR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has heavy duty cooling system which is just a slightly thicker radiator with both trans cooler lines and oil cooler lines, higher amperage electric fans with more fins, suspension is stiffer and sit's 2" lower stock, missing some of the drivers information center and a 140mph speedo, better quality brakes as stated above. I have already added most of this to mine I just need the fan's.

I have an SSV and was actually lifted factory. I believe PPVs are lowered, for better high speed stability?

OP
OP
gpracer1

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info...

So the brake parts are interchangeable......interesting.

Mine has
GU6 3.42
JD9 brakes 17” ( don’t understand that one, as they are more like 13”)
KC4 engine oil cooler
KNP cooling system, transmission heavy duty
KW1 generator 160 amp
K5L equipment enhanced cooling package

So I guess it’s an LTZ with the same stuff that a SSV has?

OP
OP
gpracer1

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh snap, my B.B. tune and EFI Live license just showed up on my email......

Tune installed, going for a drive....I expect this tank to have a lower AVG MPG, lol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie