2013 Tahoe center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a commercial/fleet 2013 Tahoe and the only thing that seems 'missing' is the center console.
(this probably has been asked dozens of times?)

I saw some install threads, and installing the main part seems straight forward, however, there are some electronics
for back seat passengers in it too I believe.

1: Where can one buy a complete center console for a 2013 Tahoe
2: Is it just one item, or are several parts needed, I saw something about different harnesses (and an amp??)

thanks,

Ron

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it already have rear A/C and heat with the controls in the headliner? I test drove a Yukon once that had a console with the rear a/c and audio controls not hooked up but the upper ones for the A/C and Heat were still functional.

There are two amps, one for the 9-speaker system and a smart amp for the 10-speaker system. All of these will require programming to get operational in a truck that did not already have them but you can still put the console in.

Get a Tech2 and then you can do the programming yourself.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look on ebay and maybe craiglist... salvage yards also. You’re spend too much trying at the dealer and it might not be available and prob wont be worth it.
As far as electronics, figure out what radio you have (rpo codes in glove compartment) and try to find a truck with the console/amp that matches but as @swathdiver you might have to have things programmed but the console should bolt right in. Go into the ppv/ssv section, those guys do it all the time and know a little bit more about what works/doesn’t...etc.. good luck

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forums/police-package-specialty-service-discussion.141/

Btw you posted in the 2015+ section, look around on the forum, there are diff sections for diff years, and then diff subsections for all the diff ‘sections’ of your truck and welcome to the site.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it already have rear A/C and heat with the controls in the headliner? I test drove a Yukon once that had a console with the rear a/c and audio controls not hooked up but the upper ones for the A/C and Heat were still functional.

There are two amps, one for the 9-speaker system and a smart amp for the 10-speaker system. All of these will require programming to get operational in a truck that did not already have them but you can still put the console in.

Get a Tech2 and then you can do the programming yourself.

Yes actually, there is a small control, for air and lights in the back (it only has 2 rows of seat, which I wanted to begin with), and they seem to be working (at least the lights do. There are also two air vents there.

I don't really care that much about having audio controls etc in the back, but more have a console with cup holders and storage. (and would like it to be oem) I have also seen "jump seats" that can fold down and have some sort of tray (but a center console seems more functional.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on ebay and maybe craiglist... salvage yards also. You’re spend too much trying at the dealer and it might not be available and prob wont be worth it.
As far as electronics, figure out what radio you have (rpo codes in glove compartment) and try to find a truck with the console/amp that matches but as @swathdiver you might have to have things programmed but the console should bolt right in. Go into the ppv/ssv section, those guys do it all the time and know a little bit more about what works/doesn’t...etc.. good luck

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forums/police-package-specialty-service-discussion.141/

Btw you posted in the 2015+ section, look around on the forum, there are diff sections for diff years, and then diff subsections for all the diff ‘sections’ of your truck and welcome to the site.

Right, ebay (didn't think of craigslist) might be the place, a GM dealer probably will charge an arm and a leg for it, and probably have to buy everything in parts. Ah right, there are probably tons of different ones. The radio I have is a very simple AM/FM one, and I figured the computer probably needs to be set up for that.

oh and "oops" about posting in the wrong section, didn't notice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011