2013 SSV RPO code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been going through the list of RPO codes of my Tahoe, and one item says this:

G63: PROVISIONS LUGGAGE CARRIER, ROOF

The roof does have plugs, apparently factory, in the roof exactly where the 'luggage carrier' is bolted down.

The "provisions luggage carrier, root' RPO, almost sounds like the nuts/screw/faster already is attached to the roof, and an OEM luggage rack would just be a bolt in?

Is there a place where I can check what that G63 code actually means? (I really want to put a roof rack n it, if it is not too much work, and a bolt in is not, probably)

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the plug and it should have threaded speed nut thing in roof already..

I thought of that, but when I pull it, I probably destroy the plug, cause a leak, before I get to putting the rack on. The nuts are special order I was told and are like $9-something., so don't want to get 10 of those if I don't need them.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought of that, but when I pull it, I probably destroy the plug, cause a leak, before I get to putting the rack on. The nuts are special order I was told and are like $9-something., so don't want to get 10 of those if I don't need them.
Shouldn’t leak with no plug, my racks aren’t sealed up so tight, if the nut is in the roof already(as you said it was on rpo list) it should be sealed from the factory under the plug where the speed nut is.....carefully pry one up and if not, clear silicone is your best friend...little silicone and pop plug back in and bammo.... done

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t leak with no plug, my racks aren’t sealed up so tight, if the nut is in the roof already(as you said it was on rpo list) it should be sealed from the factory under the plug where the speed nut is.....carefully pry one up and if not, clear silicone is your best friend...little silicone and pop plug back in and bammo.... done

Yeah I was wondering if I could find plugs, just in case... but I might just put the old one in with silicone.

Since the RPO-code says: G63: PROVISIONS LUGGAGE CARRIER, ROOF

Only having holes drilled in the roof, but no thread/fastener, would make it a very minimal "provision", but than again.

Ron