2012 XL Denali + BDS 6" Coilover lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The lift looks great! I'm sure you need to trim the board ends to clear turning. Not sure about the rear with axle swing forward if you have to trim that end too. Trim front valance so it only covers the bumper tabs. Is this set at 6" or 8"?

OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So been tweaking a couple things yesterday and today. Will leave some notes for future searches.

the front is "stock" kit so it should be 6"

the back has a 2" spacer on the spring so it is set at 8"

I did not like the rake, the wife loves the rake, the rake has grown on me but I might raise the front 2" inches

2" spacers on the back are PERFECT. I love the stance and got many many compliments on the stance already

The ride is stock...I have not adjusted anything on the coilovers. I measured the front for toe and right now it is off 1/8" each side. Pretty good for doing it by hand. The alignment shop (2 of them) could not do it since the tires were too big

The truck sits at 6'11" so I'm calling it 7'

Trimmed the front wheel trim (might take another 1/2" to 1" off for that tick I got when hit a bump turning. The corner of the front wheel well had to come off along with the bumper trim at the bottom. The power steps I cut 2.5" off the front and slid them up a little. They clear everything now. I will cut off 2.5" off the back and center them just because I am picky and like it to be symetric

there is a little performance loss but she still gets up and goes. Im giddy like a school girl:chewie: :peace::pepper:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Looks great. How do the fox ride? I put a BDS/Fox setup on a ram and it rode excellent. Better than my Dirt Logic coils.

OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the ride is GREAT!!! I promise just like stock. So glad I upgraded to the full coilover setup in the front and the 2.5 in the back. I was a little worried since this is the vehicle we travel in and did not want to give up the comfort. I helped a friend with his 99 Dodge 2500 with a Superlift and his wife said it drives so harsh...he told me there is no bounce whatsover...just slam slam slam on each bump.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Looks great and raise that front up to 8" also. Glad to hear the ride is superb! I want to get new shocks at some point. Yeah I had to trim the front corner also but not much and kept the bumper brace. Removing the lower valance really looks better. Surprised it isn't taller as mine measures 7'2-3"

OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea I am going to raise the front up 2" but I need to get the control arms in. I still need to do the resistors. I have the DIC notes but nothing major. The only issue that might be related to them is that when I turn sometimes the traction control will go on.

BTW no driveshaft changes at this time.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yeah get some good zone boxed uppers. Let us know how the resistors work out for you. My stable track goes off on bumpy pavement in slight turns. I had it checked at the dealer and they said the computer responds correctly to the yaw and input sensors. My only other thought is the ride height sensors traveling more abruptly or larger travel distance is causing the signal to activate the stable track. I'm very curious to see if removal of sensors corrects the quick activation.

How does it feel front and rear with stock shafts?

OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No vibration or chatter. Only been up to 80. Still needs an alignment. Tires are pretty quiet.

I took off the height sensors and shocks sensors and just left plug empty right now. Need to order the packs for the shocks and measure the resistance on the height sensors.

Gotta work to my 70 posts so I can pit all this stuff for sale for anyone that wants it. Just sold my stock wheels and my wife's stock z71 wheels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Even on stock front shaft? Pretty much all of them need a dual cardan to not vibrate. The rear should be good for you since its longer wheelbase and mine is a unicorn ***** most of the time haha

OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha last night I think I got some vibration but the traction control keeps kicking on in turns so I am thinking it was all that deal going on. The diff is dropped a good bit. Surprised that the time went all the way back in. Buddy and I figured it would be out about an inch. I'll take pics later.

Truck does not know what to do about gas mileage right now. I'm going to calc it manually when I gill it up this weekend. Will be a good highway test with us going to San Antonio for a tourney.

After alignment and getting suspension sensors taken care of I will go to driveshaft shop for good measure and see what the yukon say.

I liked my truck, that's why I bought another one after having the 2007. I LOVE MY TRUCK now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk