2012 XL Denali + BDS 6" Coilover lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so my issue with CST is all the pics they show are single joint and they are $691. The bulletproof I have not see a pic of. Fabtech is $800. I will talk to Bulletproof today but there is sitting at $525. The only issue I have with Powertrain Industries is that it could take 30 days turnaround. That means I have to drive around with my stock one and deal with the vibrations....any idea how bad it was? I will be traveling out of town each weekend for the next 6 weeks. If it is BAD BAD BAD I just need to go Bulletproof if the conversation goes well.

I think I might Plasti the front grill black and see how that comes out. I am not a big color guy. My SC300 has polished or black on it and in the engine. I used to do the bright bright colors, just have moved out of that phase. :) We will see.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
It will vibrate at various speeds because of the unequal angles. I can't say for certain what speeds because I never ran the stock shaft. I called Fabtech and got measurements. Total length - 37.5", Shaft 1310 U to U - 25.5", Cardan - 2.625", and 32 spline Yoke - 9.375". I would think any shaft shop could make you one pretty easy but the Bulletproof for $525 is very reasonable.

I would still keep the stock grille with color matched GMC center. The Denali has a good front end and the black just masks too much for me.

OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so made some calls...I need a drink :)

Bulletproof wants 150 for shipping to Texas so I am back to that make no sense vs custom. Powertrain Industries is getting a little cold feet because I said 8" on the lift. they were okay at 6 but 8" they are not sure about.

I reached back out to Inland Truck in town and was happier with this conversation. I appreciate the info above as it gave the perception that I knew what I was talking about and he worked with me. :head3: He needed the Diff PN so that he could get the spline ID/OD and also asked me if I wanted to go with the Yoke Eliminator. If I do the Yoke Eliminator then we could do a slip on the shaft itself that would go according to my lift ( being at 6 or 8" since I have the coilovers that I can go up and down). I will get the info he needs and then go from there. I do not think I will be changing the height of the lift once I am done so what I MIGHT/most likely will do is get the lift up, get the measurements, and then have them build it locally. He told me it would take 1 day to turnaround. IF, and thats a big IF, the stock driveshaft is too short then I will put a spacer on the trans side.

The grill I will most likely keep the top center chrome. The letters/badge I will go over with black. The trim I will black out as well. The bottom I will black out. I will be removing the chrome from the doors handles and also the power steps.

Off to go drop my wheels off to get the tires put on.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You're confusing me with this yoke eliminator. The front end is fixed between differential and transfer case. Just build a front shaft with fabtech dimensions using 1310 u joints and 32 spline male end. The coil over only adjust the a arms not whole diff drop.

The rear shaft is a male sealed end to transfer case. It has the pressure retaining rubber boot on yoke. This will only change from 6 to 8 maybe an extra 1/4" pull out so it should be fine with no issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you said pull out :gathering:

got you on the dimensions and that is what I am looking at doing. I need to pull the dif case PN so the shop has the yoke ID/OD. I will drop by the shop on Monday and ask them to just build the shaft with the above info and be done with it.

The yoke eliminator was just another way around it that would remove the "slip" in and out of the xfr case and we could put a slip on the shaft instead in case I needed any play. The Yoke/Spline would be bolted into place on the xfr case, attached with U joint and then the shaft would have a 1-2" slip built into it for any adjustment. However no need to recreate the wheel at this point.

tires are done. I will post a pic up later today of the wheel and tires. Maybe I will even wash her and get a stock pic up!!!

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes need to sometimes unless you build fund depletion!

Pull yours out and measure it or if you cant I will go into attic to measure mine. I'm pretty sure there's only a couple sizes for 32 spline 1310 yoke ends. Just run the length needed at dual cardan because it will never slide in or out unless removing the shaft. Guy should be able to build the right diameter tubing for torque/hp of motor.

OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok about a week out from the lift and think I have all parts in the works.

Ordered BORA wheel spacers - they will not be in until end of Month
Ordered 2" Coil Spacers and Wheel Spacers from Supreme Suspension - Spacers are to hold me over until the BORA get in and then I will sell them
Having driveshaft built. Going over tomorrow to discuss the measurements and fitment. Shop wants to drop the Yoke in and then measure to make sure we are all talking the same thing.
Resistor pack ordered to remove all lights/errors
New sway end links ready for install

Once the truck is lifted I will be moving onto the exhaust. Looking at BW or Borla and turndown before axle...but lets get lift done first.

OP
OP
I

iconyq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will provide thoughts and feedback later. Nice ride home, running boards too long so took them off to drive home.
e148137e38bab4792ac779c0e0537961.jpg
5b16549b26d4441c01f0a4e0e044cc76.jpg
a93cd81f2e9147d5f4b84701db9a2fce.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972