2012 Tahoe with "service suspension System" on display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeLTZ2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Service suspension code came up on the DIC after driving in the snow for the day.
I retrieved the following codes.

U0214 Lost communication with Remote function Actuation
U0122 Lost communication with Dynamic Control Module
U0137 Lost communication with Trailer Brake Module

It appears from what I have search so far to be a bad connection and module not communicating.

Anyone have similar issues and can give tips where to start looking?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any symptoms, something other than codes.... like remote start not working or remote not unlocking or anything you’ve noticed...

OP
OP
T

TahoeLTZ2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remote start is working and have not noticed anything other than the air pump for suspension not working.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remote start is working and have not noticed anything other than the air pump for suspension not working.
Def sounds like a bad ground or plug issue. I would start under hood checking my grounds, clear codes and see whats going on then. Salt will corrode bolts, wires etc.

OP
OP
T

TahoeLTZ2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried to clear the codes but no luck. Its giving me an error that it can't connect to modules. Would removing the battery cables and touching them together clear them? or would that create other issues.
I looked at the wiring schematics from Alldata and the Trailer brake and Suspension controls are on a common circuit. I'm not that good with electrical drawings. Is there a common chassis ground somewhere for these?
I wish it wasn't -20C outside.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TahoeLTZ2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found the 30A Stability control fuse #2 blown. I swapped it out, so far error message is gone.
If it does it again will have to do further digging.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You playing in the snow? If you spinning tires and fishying in the snow (snow/water getting kicked up toward trailer control wiring on rear) with traction control and stability control on system may have been working hard and overloaded and popped the fuse or snow/water got up into trailer harness and shorted something. There is a ground back there somewhere im not exactly sure where though.

OP
OP
T

TahoeLTZ2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm guessing something got shorted. It was quite slushy on the roads and a lot of build up under truck.
Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec