2012 lifter replacement? Differential replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dejake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great and nice paint too! Thanks for the update. Still got 4 GMC logos to remove!
I'll wait until spring lol, tires were replaced by dealer. Definitely wheel shopping too much lately though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dejake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
was that a autonation truck? did you take the warranty? how much was the truck?
It is. I took a puddle jumper 350 miles to get it. Overall impressed with autonation they actually service and recondition their used vehicles, and have a good return and warranty program. Paid $36k

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up my 2012 denali xl in march with 80k from them for 28k, guess it must have been that extra 20k miles less that made yours more?, by a stroke of dumb luck I ended up with a brand new engine in mine with there warranty service it more than paid for it's self. they had serviced mine as well it had brand new front brakes, new motor mounts and transmission lines, alignment, oil change etc, they must have used the cheapy brakes though those wore out in about 6 months. glad I took the warranty or I would have been taking them to court for the engine.

OP
OP
D

dejake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up my 2012 denali xl in march with 80k from them for 28k, guess it must have been that extra 20k miles less that made yours more?, by a stroke of dumb luck I ended up with a brand new engine in mine with there warranty service it more than paid for it's self. they had serviced mine as well it had brand new front brakes, new motor mounts and transmission lines, alignment, oil change etc, they must have used the cheapy brakes though those wore out in about 6 months. glad I took the warranty or I would have been taking them to court for the engine.
Why did they replace the engine? Funny I almost replaced the back brakes, too noisey, new and perfect but obviously cheap.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I flew to vegas to pick it and drove it home (7hr trip) while I was driving I noticed the oil pressure was all over the place, I called them on the phone while I was driving it and they told me keep an eye on it let them know, I was already going to pass the 500 mile return option just on the trip home alone, I optioned to just chock it up as maybe a bad oil filter or something and had the oil changed about 3 weeks later (no difference) it was still all over the place so I took it to my local dealer and had them check the gauges and see if the oil pressure sending unit was clogged or malfunctioning since that seems to be a known issue, they said everything was good and I said no keep digging there's something going on so they checked the oil pressure coming out of the pump and it was fluctuating from the oil pump, so this was a covered warranty item and we got the ok to replace it, when they dropped the oil pan they found a chunk of metal stuck in the oil pump which meant it most likely came from the cam and after going back and forth with the warranty people the warranty service opted to put in a rebuilt motor (with 1yr warranty) rather than rebuilding the existing motor, the dealer came at with me one better (just pay the difference for a new factory 100k 3yr motor) which was only 1200.00 more, so ya after all was said and done I got a 9,990 job done for 1200.00, it's really hard to say if anyone new the motor had a issue it ran perfectly other than the oil pressure being funky and it would start out with normal pressure until you drove down the road a while then it would go up and then back down and up and down, so it could have just been overlooked pretty easily, I am just glad I took the warranty and didn't have to go thru some other hassle with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal