2012 lifter replacement? Differential replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dejake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long story short I found the perfect 2012 SLT Yukon XL 4wd and has all oil change records and I just noticed these parts were replaced and just wondered if it should deter me from buying it? d23861f5e890e613f1367bc789f71b9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lifters replaced were prob from the DOD where it puts the truck in 4cyl mode. So disable that or get the afm range. And the diff bearings. Idk. Chevy did both so that should be a plus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dejake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Deal is right! I have to drive a few hundred miles to get it is the only issue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dejake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
f7b19ccb7f9dc1a6423312eb0ec68351.jpg

Downsizing our payment...

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All service records plus one owner sounds awesome to me!! I am surprised how many people [even on this forum] by vehicles with zero service records.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, a lack of records may be farther down the list of must haves for some. They're not always available and many are content with running a CarFax.

With the last several autos we've purchased the only records we had were through the CarFax. So we went over them with a fine toothed comb so to speak. Some we ran or walked away from, others we purchased.

I'm pretty sure I know who owned my truck before me but they did not respond to the letter I sent asking about its history. Then just the other day on this here forum I read that GM will have the service records no matter which dealership or who the owner is, if I read that right, and I think next time I bring the truck in for service, I'll ask the service writer for the history.