2012 GMC Yukon XL 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Basically same truck as mine but white. What size tires are on it? And any idea what kit... is it a leveling kit or small suspension lift?

AMP steps are my favorite mod so far! Stock running boards make these trucks look too low. Recently had mine at the dealer for warranty work and they tried saying it wasn't covered because of my "lift"... told them to go take a tape measure to the fenders and tell me what size lift block I have in the rear then call me back. They called back later that day "ok sir the work is all done" lol
Do the denali hd front end.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the denali hd front end.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

I would love to as my last GM truck was a GMT900 Sierra Denali which was my favorite GM front clip, and honestly the GMT900 Yukons are my least favorite (front end belongs on a minivan not a truck).... but don't have that kind of expendible income anymore with 4 kids

ken in md

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very nice truck. These are so hard to find. I have been looking for a year and am about to (I hope) pull the trigger on one this week.

We are moving from a 2010 Yukon XL Denali - which we love - to a 2013 Yukon XL 2500...because we want more towing. The Denali is rated to pull 7,800 - our camper only weighs 5k empty, BUT when we actually weigh on a trip, we are always pushing the Denali's 14k GCWR. Highest we weighed was 13,500. The 2500 has 1,600 more towing and 2k more total GCWR, so this should work really well. I don't want/need to drive a super heavy duty truck, as this will also be my wife's daily driver, so I am hoping the 2500 is the perfect fit for us. I love SUVs as family and tow vehicles, I am not a 4 door pickup kinda person.

One thing I would ask - does your Airstream weigh 8k empty? That alone might be pushing your 2500's GCWR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu