2012 border patrol tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
Hi guys..new to the forum..just got a 2012 border patrol tahoe..ive been searching and cant seem to find the answer..what type of suspension do they use as they sit higher than a regular tahoe? I checked and theres no spacers in front or rear of it

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Welcome, First off is your unit 2wd or 4wd. The 2wd (PPV) sits 2in lower than a civilian Tahoe. 4wd (SSV) is the same as civilian as far as I know.

We all like to see some pics of your rig!

OP
OP
A

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
MINE'S A 4WHEEL DRIVE OR SAY MY GIRLS A 4WHEEL DRIVE. ILL TRY TO GET SOME PICS UP. ITS A REPLACEMENT FOR HER TOTALED VAN AS SHE GOT T ***** A MONTH AGO. I HAD IT COMPARED TO MY NEIGHBORS 2011 TAHOE AND OURS SITS ABOUT AN INCH HIGHER ALL AROUND. I CHECKED ALREADY AND SUSPENSION LOOKS COMPLETELY STOCK. MADE MY LONG TRAVELED 2006 TACOMA LOOK REALLY SMALL CONSIDERING I GOT 35'S ON IT AND THE TAHOE HAS 275/60/18 TIRES. WAS ALSO WONDERING IF 17'S WILL FIT IN THERE AND WHAT BACK SPACING. I'VE SEEN SOME TAHOE WITH 17S BUT THE 18S THAT I GOT IN THERE LOOKS PRETTY CLOSE TO THE CALIPER.

OP
OP
A

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
Just switched to 17s..want to remove running boards but my chick is 5'2 and got a 4 yr old so it has to stay for a while...

20171021_171051.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice SSV Tahoe!!

I would just leave the running boards on it as you never know when you will need it..My Niece in Brooklyn broke her foot while I was there and without the running boards she would not have been able to get into my Hoe.

OP
OP
A

Aj Mayo

Reaction score
Im getting there...thats what im thinking though..electric side steps since i work at the dealership and get a discount at parts and just do the work..or make my own bolt on sliders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish