2011 Yukon XL Rear Ended - Need Help with Adjuster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So last Thursday my parked Yukon was hit in the left rear by a 2003 monte carlo. I think it has done a significant amount of structural damage, but need so confirmation for you guys I am headed down the right path. What I have notices so far is, aside from body damage:

1. Cracked and leaking axle housing
  2. Bent axle shaft, drivers side
  3. Badly bent lower control arm and frame, drivers side
  4. Seam at front passenger fender and door thins horizontally
  5. Door and quarter panel edges are no longer flush, with noticeable lip
  6. Seams on several doors are not consistently spaced
  7. Hood alignment shows movement (seams toward centerline are uneven and along drivers fender, there is now lipping)
Sorry for the side way pics, couldn't get them to turn.

I feel like I am right to be pushing for a total, with the obvious frame damage. The rear corner and wheel/tire took the brunt of the collision. He hit is so hard with his little Monte Carlo that it pushed it up over a curb, and moved it forward six feet, shown in pictures

Just looking for some opinions, etc.

Attachments

• Bent Lower Control Arm and Frame 2.pdf
    58.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Cracked Axle Housing Closeup 2.pdf
    34.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Front Drivers Side Hood Seam Narrowing - Yukon.pdf
    128.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Front Passengers Side Hood Seam WIDENING - Yukon.pdf
    95.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Scene Pic 1.pdf
    109.8 KB · Views: 10

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The pics aren't showing up for me BUT from the description I would definitely DEMAND a total loss.

OP
OP
H

Hawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have to click on the description to view them on my end. I'm not very good with this upload crap

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you taken it to a shop to have it looked at? If I were in your shoes, and the insurance company was pushing to have it fixed, I would find the shop I wanted to fix it, have it taken to them (paid for by insurance) and ask them to look at it before they dig in. If they list significantly higher repair costs than insurance did, call them back.

The thing with insurance adjusters is they never dig into damage. Reason for that is most people just want the check and don't fix their car. So if they can get away with writing you a check for 5k instead of 8k, of course they're going to do that. Most of the guys looking have no mechanical experience either. If there isn't obvious damage just from looking, they're clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gurrzt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California - where GOD and the sun always shines
Did your airbags deploy? If so the insurance company will consider it totaled.

I SINCERELY HOPE YOU DO NOT HAVE STATE FARM INSURANCE, THEY ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH.

Go to your own collision center, and ask them if "the vehicle is structurally totaled" any decent shop will tell you within minuets.

Good luck to you.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your airbags deploy? If so the insurance company will consider it totaled.

I SINCERELY HOPE YOU DO NOT HAVE STATE FARM INSURANCE, THEY ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH.

Go to your own collision center, and ask them if "the vehicle is structurally totaled" any decent shop will tell you within minuets.

Good luck to you.
Lmao I help my friend run his carlot and we had a girl on rent to own an 2009 Honda Accord. Before even making the first payment she wrecked the car and deployed both airbags. She then went behind our backs and had the damn thing repaired after we told her to report any accidents to us and it was a horrible job I May add. Now state farm hasn't even given him a response in two weeks. We have a company we pay for our rent to own that protects us so they were wanting a denial of loss letter from State farm so our company can sue and we haven't heard anything back in almost a month lol but yes to the op that's totaled. Write off for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne