2011 Yukon Denali- Magnacharger upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 yukon xl denali, 6.2L with a tvs1900 magnacharger and i live at 5000' above sea level....

I also have a cai, cant remember the brand

Original pulley and stock magnacharger tune definately helped... Highest reduction pulley available and custom tune... Much more fun... Oh yes... Big difference...

This is only a guess, since no one near me has an AWD dyno... Stock tune at 5000' brought me back to showroom hp at sea level... Smallest pully added a bunch more....

I lived with the stock pulley and stock tune for about 8-12 months to make sure, under warranty, everything was working fine...

Unless you are going to cam and forged internals. The 1900 is awesome...

If you want to get crazy, go for the 2300... But you may break some parts... Ha

Last edited:

davidl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20%... That is why I figured the tvs1900 with stock pulley got me approx back to sea level hp... Maybe a little better.... Max reduction pulley gave me an extra 50-100hp.... Like I said... Just a guess... No AWD dynos in these parts... Seat of pants dyno....

I did take one trip to sea level... Holy canoli that was fast!

D
5000' is 20% air density reduction...

Sent from my fone.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went 2300 because with 125k i had to wonder how long my shortblock will stick around. A 3.3 gave me 8 pounds at sea level stock cam with full exhaust.

Cracked the factory flexplate threw in a circle d sfi one with a protorque stock sized upgraded convertor and had the trans gone through with clutches seals and a transgo hd shiftkit. Babied it for 1000k miles to break in the new trans and i get to rip it all out for another flexplate (amazing how easy it is to see the cracks on a shiny new flexplate) sounds like a good time to put on a smaller pulley and grenade the shortblock come spring. Once the wifes truck comes in (aka my slow backup na truck)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton