2011 Tahoe LS Cargo Area Getting Very Dusty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

countryhick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife has a 2011 Tahoe LS and we live on a red dirt road. We are having a lot of trouble with dust from the dirt road getting into the cargo area. We have never noticed any water leaking in, but this dust is really aggravating. Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggestions to stop it from happening?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install air filter kit. Look it up its like 50 bucks

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
When I picked up my 2011 SSV the whole thing was covered in dust, inside and out. When I pulled the air filter it had about a half pound of dirt in it...no joke. Oddly enough the only dust in that area was from the maintenance yards. The county it came from is really not dusty, per se.
However, it's taken me several months to get all the dust out, and it was EVERYWHERE. I don't know what the answer is for Tahoe's loving dust. Now that we're in the rainy season here I don't have to worry about it much any more.
Per my experience, Tahoe's love dust.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a similar issue with my '07 LTZ. Tried cleaning all of the rubber gaskets around the hatch glass and hatch itself. Seemed to help some. Also running the A/C on recirc helps in the warmer months. Right now, the snow is keeping the dust down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15