2011 Tahoe center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samsquanch

Reaction score
My truck was a base model LS and the console was from a Z71 so I actually ripped out the internal metal frame that houses the bose amp and sub, then pined out where the 12V line is from that giant connector and pulled out the wires from it. I clipped the jump seat power connectors and stripped the wires to ready it for soldering. (Be careful here because you don't have much wire to work with!) Now as a side note the center console actually has 2x 12V lines so I tied the wires together (one inside and one on the rear below the RSE controls) so just solder them to the wire pair where the jump seat previously was and you're good to go!

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
The center console I got came from a 2012 or 2013, to the best of the guys memory. It was wired for the 12v lighter socket, which connected directly to the pigtail in the photo above. I would have liked to have had one of the jumpseats with the USB outlets too but beggars can't be choosers. I lucked out tremendously with the one I got (thanks Universe).
I couldn't find any other wiring besides that connector. I would imagine that the same 12v pigtail is on a of them and that anything else is a fleet option, depending on the agency or even the production run. Find 12 volts off that harness and run it to the console. The 12v hot should be easy enough to find.

OP
OP
S

Schwartzint1

Reaction score
The universe was kind to me as well. Found a jump seat style console for a good price fairly local. I am unfamiliar with the internal star tool mentioned earlier in this thread. Torx?

Samsquanch

Reaction score
You will require a #18 External Torx Plus socket for the front bolts and a fairly standard female torx bit for the rear bolts. However i've heard of people substituting the External Torx Plus socket with a regular 15mm deep socket because its much cheaper and apparently it works! However I opted to spend the money for the proper socket so I could torque my seat bolts down to factory specifications properly.

https://store.snapon.com/TORX-Plus-...cket-TORX-Plus-reg-External-18EP-P768779.aspx

OP
OP
S

Schwartzint1

Reaction score
And here I thought I had a decent tool set. Never even heard of an e-socket. Picked up a set at harbor freight. Plan on doing the install this afternoon. I will post with pics when I'm done.

OP
OP
S

Schwartzint1

Reaction score
Well I finally took the time to do the project. Took about an hour or so. I decided to throughly clean and vaccum the area as I was working. I purchased the e-sockets at harbor freight for $11 and the console I got locally for $200. I found it easiest to unbolt the inside bolts on both seats and slide the console in from the rear. This took some patients and would have been much easier with a second set of hands. I made due with just myself. The console I purchased had the wiring, but factory plug had been removed so I just soldered the wires together and taped. I am 100% pleased and think it's a great addition to my vehicle. Here are some pics from along the way.

810A7ACD-29E0-443C-8758-270665834E78.gif

6496018F-7AF6-4DE1-91B0-A2294DE8D554.gif

5A739C01-1409-4390-B810-9D0E17B89BF2.gif

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Haha looks exactly like mine! I tell ya, after driving around without a arm rest it is quite the luxury.

Nice job!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne