2011 Tahoe center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schwartzint1

Reaction score
I will be purchaseing a new to me 2011 Tahoe this week. This vehicle was used previously as a daily driver for a Police Chief, and I believe has the police package. This package does not include a center console, or it was previously removed.. Just curious if the bolt patterns are the same for the different interior packages. I would like to locate one, but there are so many different package options. If they all have the same bolt pattern I dont have to worry about it and I can find one that looks pleasing and is in my budget. Also if anyone has any reccomended places to look for such a thing that would be great also! Thanks in advanced! First post here.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess that most consoles use the same bolt pattern, but even if they don't, it shouldn't be hard to make it fit how you want it. It's not a structural piece, so as long as it's secure, you should be fine.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Check my albums....
The standard two and three cup holders/jump seats for 07-14 Tahoe/Burb/Yukons will fit. It takes about an hour to install. You don't even have to fully remove the seats. You will need a couple internal star sockets for the mounting bolts. It's a different size for front and rear. I got them cheap at Harbor Freight.
My SSV came the same way, with nothing in the middle.. I finally found a jump seat cheap thru an auction. However, I'm leaning towards going back to the police console so i can mount my UHF radios. Check ebay and craigslist. Eventually you will find something that will work for you.

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you get the stock center console, it just slips over the bolts that hold the seats down.

Samsquanch

Reaction score
I did this upgrade to my 2010 Avalanche last summer! Found a new complete unit on eBay with the silver accents for a Z71 for about $500. I removed the jump seat and this thing bolted right in. I splurged and got the GM specific eTorx socket from Snap-on tools in order to remove the seat nuts. Just undo the nuts move the seats to the side a bit and wiggle the console in (watch your head liner!) make sure to remove the 2 side "wings" pieces that fill in the gap under the dash first so you aren't wielding such a large object in your cab during the install. Took maybe 1 hour tops as I had to figure out how to split the connection for the 12V outlet as there is one on the back and one on the interior of the console. I just stripped the wires, twisted them together and soldered a connector down to the one from the jump seat. Definitely a mod I recommend as it instantly improves the interior of a PPV or LS trim vehicle. I recommend the leather wrapped Escalade/LTZ shift lever next :)

OP
OP
S

Schwartzint1

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the great responses right away. I'm going to start looking around online and locally. I can tell this site is going to be awesome. Picking the car up tomorrow afternoon.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the great responses right away. I'm going to start looking around online and locally. I can tell this site is going to be awesome. Picking the car up tomorrow afternoon.
Also, in the center of the floor tucked under the rubber floor mat behind that flat plastic cover is a 12v pigtail with connector. That's from the factory and will connect to the power outlet option on the console. Don't forget to fish that out.

IMG_20150925_162735.jpg

OP
OP
S

Schwartzint1

Reaction score
No luck at local scrap yards. I do have my eyes on a couple of the consoles pictured here. If I can get one for $300 I think it's a good deal and I will probably pull the trigger.

D2982C90-C8B9-412D-9E9B-F1D88394BFDF.gif

kronus

Reaction score
Also, in the center of the floor tucked under the rubber floor mat behind that flat plastic cover is a 12v pigtail with connector. That's from the factory and will connect to the power outlet option on the console. Don't forget to fish that out.

View attachment 60925
Well, the universe helped me find a console, but the harness that powers this console doesn't match up at all to the 12v harness under that black cover. It's one big harness that integrates the Bose amp and the rear entertainment/hvac controls as well as the two 12v outlets. 3 plugs at the forward end of the console, but none fit that 12v harness.

What trim did level vehicle did you get your console from, and what harness did that harness look like? (If you remember...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSurfer5300