2011 Suburban LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hairscramlber

Reaction score
Well, my search has ended to replace my 2005 Chevy Suburban LS that had 360,000 miles on it. After much thought I decided on a 2011 Chevy Suburban LTZ over a GMC Yukon XL D enali. My major decision was based on fuel consumption on the Burb with the 5.3 engine and 4 wheel drive VS the 6.2 ltr all wheel drive Yukon XL. I think these two vehicles are almost identical with the exception of the motor and all wheel drive option. Is there anything else that is different ?? Are there any issues with the 2011 LTZ that I should be aware of ?? I am hoping to get the same amount of mileage out of this one as I did my last suburban. thanks for any and all input and suggestions you can offer.

FB_IMG_1500464851662.jpg

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Well, my search has ended to replace my 2005 Chevy Suburban LS that had 360,000 miles on it. After much thought I decided on a 2011 Chevy Suburban LTZ over a GMC Yukon XL D enali. My major decision was based on fuel consumption on the Burb with the 5.3 engine and 4 wheel drive VS the 6.2 ltr all wheel drive Yukon XL. I think these two vehicles are almost identical with the exception of the motor and all wheel drive option. Is there anything else that is different ?? Are there any issues with the 2011 LTZ that I should be aware of ?? I am hoping to get the same amount of mileage out of this one as I did my last suburban. thanks for any and all input and suggestions you can offer.

View attachment 178901
You just have to watch out for the AFM on the nnbs 5.3's. Active fuel management, if you search it you'll find many threads on why its bad and there are ways to disable it, i personally love the 6.2 in the denali's and especially paired with the 6 speed, i get like 13 mpg, not sure if the suburban does much better than that. Just a little info for you.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your 2011 Suburban LTZ looks very well maintained...I am sure you got all the service records on it..Love the white!! Nice choice!!

OP
OP
hairscramlber

hairscramlber

Reaction score
Your 2011 Suburban LTZ looks very well maintained...I am sure you got all the service records on it..Love the white!! Nice choice!!

Thanks all good but I hate the AFM. Does anyone know a place to disable this. I think it hinders fuel MPG and make the truck run like shit

OP
OP
hairscramlber

hairscramlber

Reaction score
You just have to watch out for the AFM on the nnbs 5.3's. Active fuel management, if you search it you'll find many threads on why its bad and there are ways to disable it, i personally love the 6.2 in the denali's and especially paired with the 6 speed, i get like 13 mpg, not sure if the suburban does much better than that. Just a little info for you.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I hate the AFM. Do you know a place that will disable it ?? I think it actually hinders MPG. I am getting an average of just under 16 and about 18.5 on highway.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AFM is disliked by many but I doubt it is severely impacting your mpgs. That fuel economy sounds about average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum