2011 crack along left bottom edge of seat, where it meets the plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

playadude

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thank you so much for helping me decide on this Tahoe. I love it ! The interior is super clean, drivers seat obviously got all of the use during it's 111,000 miles. I was wondering if I could get this vinyl panel replaced.

IMG_0045_zpssut63ybn.jpg

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the seat itself is OK, you may have a detail shop in you area that could repair it instead of replacing it. I've seen some repairs where that are so good that you can't tell.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my seat cover replaced under warranty. My crack showed up only after a few years of ownership and my dealer had no problem replacing it. However, the crack has returned so I'm not sure what to do since it most likely would not be covered under my extended warranty.

Truck has 79K on the clock.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is cracked in the exact same spot. Been like that since I bought it. I'd do one of the repairs as mentioned above with the expectation that it's not a permanent fix. Also, get up off the seat (you have running boards?) when getting out instead of turning and sliding out the side and peeling the bolster down.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is cracked in the exact same spot. Been like that since I bought it. I'd do one of the repairs as mentioned above with the expectation that it's not a permanent fix. Also, get up off the seat (you have running boards?) when getting out instead of turning and sliding out the side and peeling the bolster down.

Same here. Not sure I care too much about it at the moment.
Longer term, I'll probably replace the seat cushion material along with the seat cover.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Not sure I care too much about it at the moment.
Longer term, I'll probably replace the seat cushion material along with the seat cover.

This is why I think my new cover failed so soon. When I replace my current cover I will replace the seat foam as well.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I think my new cover failed so soon. When I replace my current cover I will replace the seat foam as well.

Yeah, the crack point is clearly a stress point, and new seat foam will alleviate the acute stress.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^That, and stop sliding out like you're in a luge. I used to cringe when my girl got out of the seat. But, she's short and has lot of ass. It's not worth even mentioning. I'll just fix the seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt