2011 Chevy Tahoe LTZ transmission fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joer115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so I have a 120k miles on mine bought it with 75k had records of maintence but don’t recall seeing transmission fluid change. I know should be every 60k but I’m worried if I do it now it’ll cause more harm cause I’ve heard horror stories of changing fluid for first time at high miles. Is that true?

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that was true for older 70's-80's tranny's. ( not 100% sure )
If it was me i would drain, replace filter and buy and new pan with drain plug.
https://www.dormanproducts.com/gsea...=Yukon&origin=YMM&parttype=Transmission%20Pan

After you drain install new filter and pan. fill trans with fluid, Run in park for a min, Then with foot firmly on brake shift into each gear and leave in that gear for about 10 sec each. Then drain and fill. do this twice so you remove all the old fluid from the converter and the lines. Then fill trans up and should be good to go. I just did this a few months ago.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, if your fluid is getting brown with some red still in it and does not smell burned you're fine. If you have a fluid exchange done at the dealership, ask them to reset the internal transmission oil life with the Tech2 or whatever they're using. We cannot see it, but a Tech2 can see the life of the fluid as a percentage, like the oil.