2010 Tahoe TPMS adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amanda4461

Reaction score
Hello folks,
My 2010 Tahoe Tire Pressure sensors started to die one by one this past summer. My selling dealer only sells parts at retail, and I really didn't want to pay $350+ or buy unknown brand Ebay cheapies to replace all four of the TPMS sensors, so I contacted www.gmpartscenter.net and purchased a set of OEM AC-Delco TPMS sensors made by Schindler electronics for $204.50 delivered. I had them installed when I purchased 4 new tires from my dealer, who for some reason sells parts retail but has the best price on tires locally, plus I was able to get a $100 rebate from GM. The Bridgestone Alenza H/L's have been good for 40k miles, and I have been through three sets and have been happy with their performance in the rain. Some dealers will not install parts bought elsewhere, but mine didn't complain.
The TPMS sensors were installed with new tires, and I drove home. None of the tires had the correct air pressure in them according to the sensors, so I let them set overnight while the cold front arrived. This morning I adjusted all four tires per the door jamb sticker. All sensors read the correct tire pressure except the passenger rear, which was stuck on 35psig, even though I raised and lowered the pressure to see if it would change. It did not. While driving to the store, the "Service Tire Pressure Monitor" alert lit up on the DIC, so I took the Tahoe to the dealer. They re-learned the sensors and now all 4 sensors are correct, and the alert is cleared. I assume the tech did a sloppy job yesterday in his rush to get out the door. The dealer service dept. was swamped with police Tahoes, and the techs all looked beat. Thought folks might want to know that the newer TPMS factory sensors no longer have date codes that look like a small clock on the sensors. The date code on the new AC-Delco sensors is on the plastic bag in Julian date code. Mine were made in May of 2017, and until GM told me how to tell when they were made, I had been nervous about their age. Some folks buy the4se things and get NOS that have been sitting on the shelf for 5 years, so are near end-of-life. GM Parts Center provided fresh sensors at what I considered a reasonable price for OEM parts.
Amanda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts