2010 Tahoe Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe LT Z71 package with the Bose non nav headunit and was wondering if any year 07-14 Nav head unit will be plug and play in my Tahoe minus needing to get it vin flashed for my truck?

I have the opportunity to purchase a unit that after cross referencing part numbers the one I'm wanting to purchase is for 07-08 GM trucks....

The unit I'm wanting to purchase part number is 25846421.

From what I can research my 2010 calls for part number 25966513.

Will there be any compatibility issues or does the later part number just supercede the old one?

Thank yall for your inputs, i really dont want purchase anything that wont work.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my understanding, all navi in those years will work. The biggest trouble is the reverse camera as it may show up in both the screen and rear view unless you do some custom work which I'm not familiar with. But fitment and all is the same. I personally wouldnt recommend it for the navi, only the looks. 2010 navi is old and will be dam near useless unless you live somewhere that had little progress in the last decade.

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To my understanding, all navi in those years will work. The biggest trouble is the reverse camera as it may show up in both the screen and rear view unless you do some custom work which I'm not familiar with. But fitment and all is the same. I personally wouldnt recommend it for the navi, only the looks. 2010 navi is old and will be dam near useless unless you live somewhere that had little progress in the last decade.

Okay, I have no rear view camera whatsoever right now. But that is the goal. Navigation is of no use to me just the capability of having a reverse cam and retaining all factory functions.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Okay, I have no rear view camera whatsoever right now. But that is the goal. Navigation is of no use to me just the capability of having a reverse cam and retaining all factory functions.

You should seriously consider the Rosen GM1210.

It is far superior to the factory Navi.... I swapped out my factory Navi in my 08 LTZ in favor of it.

I am not certain how cheap you can get the factory Navi but keep in mind that you will still have to pay someone to reprogram it to your vin.

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should seriously consider the Rosen GM1210.

It is far superior to the factory Navi.... I swapped out my factory Navi in my 08 LTZ in favor of it.

I am not certain how cheap you can get the factory Navi but keep in mind that you will still have to pay someone to reprogram it to your vin.

The Rosen looks like an excellent unit. Only reason I was considering the factory navi cause I can possibly get it really cheap. <$100. Very much aware of the reprogramming.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If the only thing you want the screen for is a backup cam then I guess the factory Navi is ok... beyond that I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for it.

The GPS is awful on the factory stuff. The sound is also much improved through the Bose system with the Rosen IMO.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You open the doors to many things when you go aftermarket. Based off what you need it for today, you are going the right path but similar to buying computers, your reasons may change and you dont want to limit yourself but at under $100, you can easily resell. I sold my fully capable navi for 350 and that was somewhat on the cheap side.

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I received the unit today. Looks to be in as good of shape as I can tell. Plugged it in to make sure it would power and that it does. So my next inquirey is to get the theftlock defeated and all available options opened. I recently talked to my local dealership and he didn't exude the confidence I was looking for to get it done. I was wondering has anyone used Global Auto Tech.com to do the reset and opening of all options? Any other suggestions or methods?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe LT Z71 package with the Bose non nav headunit and was wondering if any year 07-14 Nav head unit will be plug and play in my Tahoe minus needing to get it vin flashed for my truck?

I have the opportunity to purchase a unit that after cross referencing part numbers the one I'm wanting to purchase is for 07-08 GM trucks....

The unit I'm wanting to purchase part number is 25846421.

From what I can research my 2010 calls for part number 25966513.

2009 was the first year for Bluetooth. The 2012-2014 navigation units have internal hard drives and updated screen and navigation. Many don't like them, I'm plenty happy with mine, it's not all that different than a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. 2010 was the first year for USB Ports too.

A Tech2 can be used to get this to work in your truck. Every man should have one; they are as important as a wrenches and screwdrivers and save you way more money too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have someone they suggest that I can ship this thing to, to get everything unlocked and theftlock deactivated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros