2010 Tahoe AC HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a major failure of my original ac compressor. Replaced condensor, orifice tube, expansion valve (rear air), rear evaporator, drier, hard line from condensor with muffler, pressure switch, high and low side valves, compressor and did a thorough flush on what was re-used in the system. 11oz of Pag through the system, deep vacuum, 2.5lbs freon and new belt.

Ordered a NEW 4seasons brand ac compressor.

Don't get me wrong. ICE cold air.
Compressor noisy as all get out!
Very aggravating! Seems like AC compressor are hit and miss.

Does anyone know of any particular brand AC compressor that is consistently good quality?

I haven't read much good on any brand including acdelco.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I work on cars for a living. Whenever a customer chooses to use an aftermarket compressor, I usually see it back in the future. Weather it’s a customer car or a used car I find going with a oem compressor is always the better option when it comes to ac components.

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I work on cars for a living. Whenever a customer chooses to use an aftermarket compressor, I usually see it back in the future. Weather it’s a customer car or a used car I find going with a oem compressor is always the better option when it comes to ac components.

So in my case that would be an ACDelco brand, correct?

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I installed an original Denso unit, replaced what oil was lost, vacuumed system for an hour. Its was 70 degrees fareinheit ambient temp and pulled 29in of mercury during vaccum. Let sit for another hour to verify no leaks.

As mentioned before, everything was replaced and flushed when the four season brand compressor went on. The four seasons brand came off a week later due to being noisey and immediately replaced with the Denso unit, orifice checked and then vaccummed down.

Now my gripe is now that its 90 degrees ambient temp today, vent temp reach a measly 50-60 degrees at idle and mid 40s while driving but not without the occasional cycle and temp fluctuation. and just generally slow to get cold.

I hooked up my gauges at idle while vent temp were mid 50s and read 35 low side and 125 high side.

Now to me the high side seems a bit low given the ambient air temps.

Am I possibly overcharged? Another bad compressor? too much moisture and air in the system? A flapper not functioning properly allowing heat to be pulled from heater core? (both sides read same vent temps)

I am really at a loss and frustrated, any AC experts please HELP ME!! Thank Yall!

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
That sounds right. Our interiors are huge and takes time to cool down. Make sure you’re on recirculate mode and not fresh air. Recirculate will keep pulling the air inside the cabin and make it cooler every time it passes through the blower as supposed to outside air that’s hot

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sounds right. Our interiors are huge and takes time to cool down. Make sure you’re on recirculate mode and not fresh air. Recirculate will keep pulling the air inside the cabin and make it cooler every time it passes through the blower as supposed to outside air that’s hot

Definitely on recirc mode. How big the interior space is what I had lerking in the back of my head but I've never had anything that big with front and rear air. My reg cab truck vents gets cold seemingly instant with much smaller cab space and guess I'm used to that.

Something else rollin in the noggin is the truck requires 2.5lbs of freon, 11oz of oil. Is the oil in addition to the freon or is it 2.5lbs of freon including the oil?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Definitely on recirc mode. How big the interior space is what I had lerking in the back of my head but I've never had anything that big with front and rear air. My reg cab truck vents gets cold seemingly instant with much smaller cab space and guess I'm used to that.

Something else rollin in the noggin is the truck requires 2.5lbs of freon, 11oz of oil. Is the oil in addition to the freon or is it 2.5lbs of freon including the oil?

All you need is 2.5lbs. The compressor usually comes profiled with the 11 oz pag so you don’t need to account for that.

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All you need is 2.5lbs. The compressor usually comes profiled with the 11 oz pag so you don’t need to account for that.

Mine came with 3 oz prefilled but I made sure after flushing that the system got its full 11ozs.