2009 Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3linkedchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member, joined to pick the brains of the lowered gurus when I get to that point.

Just picked up this 2009 Yukon SLT a couple of weeks ago. Was bone stock and a 1 owner, which was a major bonus for me, even though the miles were higher than I would have hoped for. All I have done is remove the steps and all the badging/moulding. It will be getting tinted in a couple weeks while we are back in CA visiting, most likely getting tuned as well.

The day we got it....
20161112_130107_zpstt7xni7m.jpg

And as of Black Friday....
20161126_135147_zpspyctzt5a.jpg

Plans are for a 2/4ish drop and some simple clean 22s

OP
OP

3linkedchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the HIDs (DDM Ultra 55w 4500k) came in yesterday, hoping to get them installed some time tomorrow after I get my other truck aligned and the new wheels/tires put on. I will do a halogen vs. HID picture comparison as well.

HID1_zpsazteoldw.jpg

HID2_zpsg1ny0vrb.jpg

OP
OP

3linkedchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright, got the HIDs in this afternoon, what a chore that is to get the housings out.... I REALLY appreciate how easy the 99-06 headlamps were to get out!

First 2 pictures are halogen (top) vs. HID (bottom) low beams, second 2 pictures are halogen (top) vs. HID (bottom) high beams.

Lows_zpsits5u7ok.jpg

Lows2_zpsgfiprxec.jpg

Highs_zpseixf0ols.jpg

Highs2_zpsoi4vf5dt.jpg

As you can tell in the back drop, I took the halogen pictures later at night, the sky isn't as dark in the HID pictures. I was apparently further back in the HID pictures than I was in the halogen pictures.

I am happy with how they look and seem to be brighter thus far. I will really be able to notice on the drive back to CA in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP

3linkedchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well got to drive this thing to California and back this past week, thing did amazing. Set the cruise at 80 and got over 20mpg pretty consistently. Had the windows tinted while I was out there at the same place that has done all my other trucks.

5% on all of them and 50% on the windshield.

Tint_zps1dekp6pi.jpg

And a random sunset on the way home yesterday.

road%20trip_zps75zul44h.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stance. Nice to see this truck still getting some love. Be good to see with the wheels and tires.

OP
OP

3linkedchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, overall plan with this thing is very minimal, and for the most part it's about there. My main priority is getting my prerunner done..... and that thing eats up alot of moneh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny