2009 Tahoe: Tie rod replacement-Inner tool question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a front end rebuild (hopefully this weekend)...and part of the rebuild is replacing the tie-rods........But I haven't been able to find anywhere if the Inner Tie rod can be removed without a Tie-rod Tool or not?....I mean I googled, youtubed, forum searched....and all I find is mostly NBS or just Outer tie-rod replacement info...

....I kinda need to find out, as this is my only ride ATM, so once I start I gotta finish...hence I need all parts and tool at my finger tips;)

Please if you know something or have had experience replacing the tie-rods on NNBS let me know.

Thanks
Josh

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but if you dont get an answer, I would rent a tool from autozone or advanced autoparts if possible just in case. I thought all cars needed a tool though, there are just different sizes.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search of the replacement part and it looks like it has wrench flats on it. I'm not quite sure of the type of tool you are talking about.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should just be a big nut behind the boot that needs to be loosened. It may be reverse thread and you may need a thin open end wrench like one for a cooling fan clutch.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty easy to do, no special tools needed

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oopsy, my bad

This is all I could find. Little more difficult but still seems doable

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make any aftermarket assemblies?